labyrinth famicon game

maniacal muppet

Reaction score
I played this labyrinth game on www.1980games.com and I loved it but I found it quite hard. The game has music from the movie and also some recognizeable characters. I have found:the wiseman and hat, the worm, the goblins found tormenting ludo, the faries that were being killed by hoggle, sir didymus, hoggle, and jarenth.Try out this game,PLEASE! It is tough but really interesting:smile:

maniacal muppet

Reaction score
There is also a Sesame Sreet game and Muppet Adventure: Chaos At The Carnival on the same website.you go to the Nntendo section and look under "L" for Labyrinth, under "S" for Sesame Street, and under "M" for Muppet Adventure.(I guess you didn't need me to tell you that:embarrassed:)

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
Back in the early 80s, Sierra On-Line released a Dark Crystal game for Apple computers. Graphics were gorgeous, but the game was a little difficult to get through (had a heck of a time trying to find Ursu's cave before he died).

I heard a rumor that Sierra wanted to do another such game, but by 1984 they had moved onto the much more popular King's Quest series (great games, they don't make them like that anymore).

maniacal muppet

Reaction score
Muppet Newsgirl said:
Back in the early 80s, Sierra On-Line released a Dark Crystal game for Apple computers. Graphics were gorgeous, but the game was a little difficult to get through (had a heck of a time trying to find Ursu's cave before he died).

I heard a rumor that Sierra wanted to do another such game, but by 1984 they had moved onto the much more popular King's Quest series (great games, they don't make them like that anymore).
This Dark Crystal game sounds interesting:smile:

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
It's a nice looking game. The Landstriders and the other creatures look the way they did in the movie. It's all still graphics and text parser interface (type in commands), and those make it kind of a dinosaur today, but it's still a nice looking game. To run it on today's computers, you'd need an Apple IIe emulator.
Sierra re-released the game in 1997 on a CD-ROM box set, The Roberta Williams Anthology, which included all the games that Ms. Williams (long regarded as the queen of adventure game designers) created between 1980 and 1996.

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
Hmmm...I honestly don't know. Since we bought the set almost ten years ago, it might be out of print. We got ours from a software store, CompUSA or something of that ilk.

On the other hand, Sierra might have the set posted on its web site. I haven't really checked it out lately.