1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Labyrinth in Top 20 Children's Films

Discussion in 'Fantasy Worlds' started by GuySmiley, Apr 20, 2003.

1. GuySmiley

GuySmiley New Member

Labyrinth in Top20 Childrens Films

Labyrinth, the Jim Henson fantasy film starring David Bowie, has made its way into the top 20 childrens films.

In a poll reported by UK magazine 'The Mirror' Labyrinth came in at number 15 - with the first place being taken by 'Chitty Chitty Bang Bang'. The newspaper noted that many of the films were 'older' because many parents remember them from when they were young and rent them out for their children to enjoy.

This is GuySmiley, for MuppetCentral news!

Guy!
  2. electricmayhem

electricmayhem New Member

That's cool!! Thanks for sharing Guy! Do you have a link or something to the rest of the list? I'd like to know what else made it:)
  3. a double-edged sword

Well, it's great that it was recognized!, :D :), but sad that it was for "children".

:sympathy:

:grouchy:
  4. electricmayhem

electricmayhem New Member

Re: a double-edged sword

Very true. I've shown it in a summer school class for middle-school aged kids and I gurantee they don't appreciate it the same way. I'm sure they enjoy it but it's not really the same thing. :sympathy:
  5. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

I remember some religious groups accusing the fillm to have occult influences when it was first released. How times change. I don't think the children's title is a bad one. It's just depressing that's the only way the film is reconized.
  6. Well, yeah, that's what I really meant. :)
  7. BoyRaisin2

BoyRaisin2 Active Member

Well, this ain't new. "The Storyteller" won a few "children's" awards in the 80s. But seeing as these weren't successful projects, any award would be good (though TS did win an Emmy or two).
  8. BlueFrackle

BlueFrackle Active Member

BoyRaisin,

Actually The Storyteller was very succesful in Europe, Just not the states.

So it isnt suprising that it won some awards, Im sure it was more than one or two too !

see ya
  9. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Every time anything with Magic in the plot comes out, these guys just loooove to poop all over it.
    I'm sure some little kid in Wyoming or something is reading Harry Potter right now, and that makes him sacrifice his little sister to the Anti-Christ...

Some people just need to get a life!
  10. leliebel

leliebel New Member

Re: a double-edged sword

well, thanks to this movie I hope to be a kid for the rest of my adult life...
  11. leliebel

leliebel New Member

with all this talk about religious groups protesting against movies I'm reminded of "The Life of Brian"... Loved that one... :D
  12. Gremlin

Gremlin New Member

Despite labyrinth's past , The film has became more popular then it was long ago, I'll explain:it spawn a fair number of web sites, it became a popular festival titled the labyrinth of Jarth [see world of froud .com for details] it was good enough to be put on dvd/superbit, so if it did well at this day and age......the future may have a home for it too...[the back to the future tune plays] Im sure it will.....;)
  13. Muppetfreak

Muppetfreak Member

when i was a child and mean to my little brother my mom would bust that movie out and show me the part when the baby is stolen and tell me "That's what happens when you are mean to your little brother!"

That is why I am scared for life.

I personally thing David Bowie ruins the family atmosphere of the film. He scares me........
  14. BoyRaisin2

BoyRaisin2 Active Member

Maybe, but man did he make some good music.
  15. Muppetfreak

Muppetfreak Member

Good, but SCARY music. . . :p
  16. BoyRaisin2

BoyRaisin2 Active Member

Yes, I almost bought the "Labyrinth" soundtrack. Before we moved we went to a CD store to get music for the road. I had the soundtrack right in my hand, something I've wanted for years. But in the end, I got more mainstream music from Avril Lavigne, No Doubt, and Chevelle. I'll probably never see that CD again. Huhhhhhhh....

What were we talking about? :cool:
  17. RedLovesElmo

RedLovesElmo New Member

soundtrack

i have that soundtrack!!! a friend of mine found it at blockbuster and bought it for me. are you kidding?! that's great stuff!!!:excited: it's great music. i'm so enchanted by 'as the world falls down'

coincidently, i watched this movie 2 nights ago!!
  18. Muppetfreak

Muppetfreak Member

All i know is that I nearly soiled myself when I finally found Follow that Bird ST on CD. . . .
  19. Skekayuk

Skekayuk Member

Well on the subject of Laby' and Chitty, here's a piece of useless trivia. Did you know that one of the Ballroom Dancers from Labyrinth is currently in the West End stage production of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang (and dances in the the number Chu Chi Face and The Bombe Samba)