Lack of Jim Henson Clips on SST Lately

Muppet Frog

Reaction score
Did anyone notice that there's been a lack of Jim Henson skits on Ss in the last two seasons. I mean there weren't any on the 40th season and the only Henson clip on season 39 was I Don't Want to Live on the Moon with Aaron Neville. Why is that?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Because ever since Season 33, they've been trying to avoid using excessive classic clips in the episodes so the show won't look "dated".

Muppet Frog

Reaction score
They've used classic Ernie skits from 2002-2007. The only rerun with Jim's Kermit was Do De Rubber Duck.

Muppet Frog

Reaction score
Also Bip's version of Air was on a season 34 episode.

Dantecat

Reaction score
And It was even used in a Season 37 or 38 Episode where Gordon plays golf.:smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Because ever since Season 33, they've been trying to avoid using excessive classic clips in the episodes so the show won't look "dated".
They show a LOT of stuff that's from the 90's that's a heck of a lot more dated than those segments, lemme tell you. Like those BAD stop motion kid typing a letter segments (think they had them up till last year). They showed Ernie and Bert segments as far back as the 70's (the one where Bert plays checkers against Bernice) and no one complained.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yes, but a lot of classic E&B moments HAVE been updated/reshot to make them look less dated... like the L song. "Imagination" was completely redone with new acting and even a newly composed version of the song that sounded more brassy and less lullabyish.

Drtooth

Reaction score
You know, I don't mind the idea of remaking or updating older sketches. They're usually funnier than some of the newer stuff anyway. But there are a LOT of Ernie and Bert segments that are really timeless.

But it seems they just want to do without any clips before the 90's. Makes sense, since they showed clips from the 80's through the 90's (and early 00's) and 70's stuff up until about 7 years or so ago. And we sure have a LOT of these slips on Youtube and SW's official site. Just a shame they can't put one or two into a season, instead of some of the lamer 90's non-muppet, non-animated skits.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
One thought I had on that was maybe they feel that people already can see those clips on You Tube or the Sesame Workshop website, so I guess they figure 'why bother?' I guess it does get costly to play old clips especially with PBS cutting the funding these days.