1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Lance Cardinal's handmade Muppet Theatre Playset

Discussion in 'Action Figures' started by Dearth, Mar 21, 2011.

1. Dearth

Dearth Active Member

2. TSSD

TSSD Active Member

Wow, that's amazing!
  3. Taylor

Taylor Member

Man that theatre looks amazing, I wonder what the demensions of it are. If he ever reveals his process I'd like to try my hand at making one someday.
  4. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

That was very cool. You should have worked for Palisades when it was in buisness. Though I do feel there is something missing quality-wise (and not just Statler and Waldorf's box), it is perfect.
  5. MWoO

MWoO Active Member

That is AMAZING! The amount of detail is just....mind blowing! I would gladly pay a lot of money for one of these.
  6. rowlfy662

rowlfy662 Active Member

i think my brain just melted at the greatness of this thing so beautiful cries tears of delight teh palisades creation we never saw this guy is a greatness give him a medal:D:):crazy:
  7. Telly

Telly Active Member

man I wish I had the talent and patience to do customs and sets like this!
  8. Wachusk

Wachusk New Member

Thank you guys so much for the positive comments! I will be posting a entry of the making of the theatre as soon as i can :).
  9. Puckrox

Puckrox Well-Known Member

One of my friends linked this to me as well. Pretty amazing.
  10. Dearth

Dearth Active Member

Hey Lance! Welcome to MuppetCentral!

I knew this was a place that your craftsmanship would be appreciated!

Alex
  11. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

Have you thought about making other custom playsets? It might not feel right to do a Vets Hospital playset when the VH figures only exist as prototypes, and a Bear on Patrol playset might not feel right without a Patrol Link, but a Talk Spot or Panel Discussion custom could probably be done.
  12. Dearth

Dearth Active Member

While we await more direct replies from Lance (Wachusk), below is a quote from his original blog. Don't feel bad, I missed this myself the first time I viewed it, because my eyes were blinded by the sheer awesomeness of the photos.

Lance wrote,

"I am not done creating parts for this series. I have plans to create:

-Musicians pit for Muppet Theatre
    -Box Seats for Statler and Waldorf
    -Opening arches for Muppet Theatre
    -Muppet Labs (From TV series, not the Palisades Muppet 3D version)
    -Fozzie's comedy Backdrop
    -Vetrinarians Hospital
    -Ballroom Scene
    -Planet Koozebaine Set
    -Muppet News Room
    -Great Gonzo Stunt Set
    -Dressing rooms (Piggy/Guest)
    -Much More!"

Alex
  13. Taylor

Taylor Member

Hey everyone, just wanted to let ya'll know Lance has posted his The Making of a Muppet Theatre/Backstage Playset. It is so cool to see how he created such a stunning piece of work. I've only just started collecting the palisades figures but I know I'm going to have to make one of these myself one day, can't wait.
    iluvfragglerock likes this.
  14. rexcrk

rexcrk Active Member

Really really really well-done! I'd so buy one!
  15. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Only a dozen replies? This should be front page news on MC! In 13 years of being on this forum, this is by far the most amazing thing I've seen fan made. ****, I'd say its even better than what an official theater would have looked like by Palisades. This is truly just something else. Can't wait to see Nicki Napoleon and the orchestra pit!
  16. GonzoLover85

GonzoLover85 Member

Personally, I'm hoping his custom figures are as good as his playsets. Especially if he's building the orchestra pit, lots of opportunities for customs.
    Purple tux band, and of course, Nigel.
  17. Dearth

Dearth Active Member

18. newsmanfan

newsmanfan Well-Known Member

*reeling, gasping*

Holy greasepaint! That is GORGEOUS!

My fingers are too uncoordinated to do modeling properly. I am in awe. Thank you for sharing, Lance! :)
  19. fuzzydice82

fuzzydice82 New Member

This really is completely and ridiculously awesome.

I know that everything on this theater is custom, but if Disney were to produce a toy theater like this at even 50% of the component quality, how much do you think it would cost and how much would you pay?

I can't imagine the toy would cost less than $100. As far as how much I would pay? Probably more than my wife would let me spend on toys since $100 would be too much anyway :)
  20. LamangoNumber2

LamangoNumber2 Active Member

...Impressive. VERY impressive. I like it. Hm...Makes me want to make a custom Gonzo Trailer, like he had in one direct to video movie...