Last Book you Read Thread

MeepBorkMeep

Reaction score
I'm reading Eats, Shoots & Leaves right now. It's making fun of punctuation misplacement. For example, if it was "Eats Shoots & Leaves" you see a panda eating shoots and leaves. However, if it was "Eats, Shoots & Leaves" you see a panda eating, shooting someone, and then leaving. It's good.

F

furryredmonster

I got done reading The Mark awhile ago and now am reading Desecration, the ninth book in the Left Behind series.

superfan

Reaction score
furryredmonster said:
I got done reading The Mark awhile ago and now am reading Desecration, the ninth book in the Left Behind series.
My Mom's reading those books now. She tells me that they're quite good. What do you think of them?

F

furryredmonster

superfan said:
My Mom's reading those books now. She tells me that they're quite good. What do you think of them?
I love them! There the best books I've ever read.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
At last I've finished another volume of those Condensed Books by Reader's Digest. I've been a bit delayed in reading since I started spending time visiting my mother while she's having chemo but here are the new stories I've enjoyed:

Disclosure by Michael Crichton
Everyone at Digital Communications likes Tom Sanders:he's a technical whiz, an easygoing manager, and definitely on the fast track to the top.
Then, out of the blue, he's accused of sexual harassment.
Out of the blue, people he thought were his friends are turning their backs on him.
And out of the blue, his respectable career and happy homelife are headed down the tubes.
Can anyone save Tom Sanders?
Can Tom Sanders save himself?
The Fist of God by Frederick Forsyth
On the eve of Desert Storm, in Baghdad's teeming bazaar, a lowly bedouin shops for food. He calls himself Mahmoud al-Khouri.
But the eyes that peer from beneath the desert headress are actually those of Major Mike Martin, an elite British spy. And what he's really buying is neither fruit nor spices, but information from a traitor within Saddam Hussein's inner circle- information that could alter the course of the Gulf war...
The Hills Are Lonely by Joyce Stranger
Kate McKendrick likes to daydream and escape to a legendary world in which knights slay dragons and rescue fair maidens. Anything rather than remind herself of the cruel reality of her mother's death; anything to escape the stony silence of her father's grief.
But nothing in the thirteen-year-old's vivid imagination has ever prepared her for the remarkable beauty of the wild creature she finds injured on a windswept hillside. Like Kate, the wildcat is in need of healing and companionship; like Kate, he is afraid to get too close...
Diamond Solitaire by Peter Lovesey
When a little Japanese girl is found abandoned in the furniture department at Harrods, ex-CID officer Peter Diamond makes it his mission to find out who her parents are. Her silence is impenetrable; the leads are flimsy. But Diamond is prepared to go to any lengths- following the trail from New York's shady underworld to the haunts of Tokyo's most revered Sumo wrestler- to bring a smile to the little girl's face.

There have been a couple of really good stories this time. My mother has told me that this is quite a change from my usual Sesame Street and Muppet Show interests.
Well we do need a bit of variety now and then don't we?
I have picked out my next volume and I'll commence it tomorrow and take it with me when I go to spend the next three nights with mother.
Till then take care and enjoy your own reading.

peachesncream

Reaction score
dispatches from the edge by anderson cooper.suprinsingly well written and even made me cry with the Katrina stuff.it was like reliving it.i highly recommend it.