Last movie you watched

superfan

Reaction score
unclematt said:
Kula Shaker?
Yeah, they were this little band that played music with East Indian musical influences. One of their songs was Tatva. Kinda sounded like Beatles (Strawberry Fields Forever sound to it). I liked it a lot, but I know only of two albums that they put out.

Ziffel

Reaction score
Well as I mentioned, one of my favorite movies, "Dial M for Murder" was on PBS this weekend. I have it on dvd and vhs already so didn't watch it on tv. But felt like watching it again so last evening watched my dvd. I highly highly recommend it to any of you who have never seen it. I'm sure you'll thoroughly enjoy it. Great Hitchcock film (as many of his are). Ray Milland as the star character and villian is great in this and it's fasinating how "quick on his feet" he is with excuses and talking his way out of things. "Psycho" is probably about the only Hitchcock movie I liked better than this one.

By the way, perhaps some of you have seen the partial remake of this movie, "A Perfect Murder" with Michael Douglas and Gwyneth Paltrow (1998).
That was a good movie too and I liked how it wasn't just a scene for scene remake with different actors (as the silly remake of "Psycho" from 1998 with Vince Vaughn was), but had a lot of new and different things to it.

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
Ziffel said:
Well as I mentioned, one of my favorite movies, "Dial M for Murder" was on PBS this weekend. I have it on dvd and vhs already so didn't watch it on tv. But felt like watching it again so last evening watched my dvd. I highly highly recommend it to any of you who have never seen it. I'm sure you'll thoroughly enjoy it. Great Hitchcock film (as many of his are). Ray Milland as the star character and villian is great in this and it's fasinating how "quick on his feet" he is with excuses and talking his way out of things. "Psycho" is probably about the only Hitchcock movie I liked better than this one.
I'm a big Hitchcock fan.My dad,brother and I got to see 'Dial M for Murder' in 3-D in the movie theater.I own this on video,along with several other movies by Hitch.A great attraction at Universal Studios Florida,is a tribute to Hitchcock.In it,it shows how the shower scene of 'Psycho' was filmed,the carousel scene of 'Strangers on a Train' was made,and the 3-D scene of 'Dial 'M''.I've been to this show many times,and have taken my roomate.A great learning experience!

The last movie(s) I watched yesterday were: 'Some Like It Hot','Fiddler on the Roof',and 'Jesus Christ Superstar'.

Ziffel

Reaction score
MMMMM Marilyn Monroe and the kissing scenes in "Some Like it Hot". :wink:

I just can't say enough how fascinated I was with the Milland performance and Tony Wendice character in "Dial M For Murder". His slipperyness and cunningness were frequent and amazing. Also, loved that British accent of his. Every time I hear it, I find myself sometimes talking like that for a while. I did that very thing at times at work today. heeheehee.
And "Fiddler on the Roof" is another all time best.

superfan

Reaction score
I'm going as Marilyn Monroe for Hallowe'en. Go figure. :wink:

And I watched MindHunters tonight (w/ Val Kilmer, Christian Slater and L.L. Cool J.) It was very entertaining, a good story. Best line ever:
"Now we know what his weakness was...bullets." HAHAHAHAHA! Oh, Cool J. You da man.

unclematt

Reaction score
I watched Tremors again tonight. I cant get enough of that movie.