Lazy Eye

staceyrebecca

Reaction score
What's the best way to fix horrible focus on a puppet that's not going to destroy the puppet's face? stitching? more glue?

*sigh*

I'm extremely frustrated with myself. I didn't notice the bad focus until I'd packed away the puppet (getting it out is going to be a pain) & looked at the photos I'd taken. For some reason when looking at the puppet in person I just didn't see it.

What would you do? Take it out & fix it? Leave it hoping nobody really notices?

I've been waiting to get these things out in the mail and I was so close! I know what I *should* do...not sure how to do it.

*headdesk*

Teenager's

Reaction score
How did you put the eye on in the first place? Are you able to shift the pupils?

Maybe you could post a pic.

staceyrebecca

Reaction score
Also, secretly I hope everyone says "what lazy eye? i see no lazy eye? not on *that* puppet for sure!"

staceyrebecca

Reaction score
*ahem* its a half-spherical hollow glass eye. its backed with polyfoam and glued to the face with hot glue.

propologist

Reaction score
Hi staceyrebecca,
You may be able to move them if you heat the eye up with a hair dryer. Just put it on a warm setting and blow around the eye untill you can move it. Just ddo not stay in one place to long so you do not melt or burn the fabric.

Mike

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
That would be my suggestion too. If the hair dryer doesn't work, I've had success with heat guns in this situation before BUT you have to be insanely careful with a heat gun. They will burn fabric and they can set your house on fire if you're not careful.

muppetperson

Reaction score
Also, secretly I hope everyone says "what lazy eye? i see no lazy eye? not on *that* puppet for sure!"

It is not that noticable, but to me, it looks like the brown iris on the left eye is bigger than the right, and that the left eye pupil should be marginally higher, so I dont know if rotating the eye would fix it.Remember that not everyone is perfect in real life.:smile: