Learn to make Digital Puppets

hennesprod

Reaction score
Yep, AM is on version 12 and going strong. They have really packed it full of features.

Yep I have a copy of Blender as well, I am excited to see how it grows. Rhino did something simailar with it's software. It was free to use and down load for at least 2 years before they started charging for it. It is a great way to beta test a tool.

PaulyPuppets

Reaction score
Blender and Rhino, eh? Hmm, not familiar with that. I should look into it. I have Poser 4. Are they similar? The reason I love iclone, is because it's so user friendly. My 10 year old daughter made an amazing character and an animation for it, literally within minutes. If I had toys like this as a kid, I would have probably ditched my puppets and played with this 24/7. Although I'll always love traditional "Muppetry", I must admit that I like hearing about puppetry and digital arts being combined. I think I'm going to make an iClone movie, using actual puppets and iclone characters, and see what I come up with. Former street wise kid from NYC, now 41, and I've become a computer geek. :smile:

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
You can get info about Blender at www.blender.org. When you first start the program it looks very intimidating but there are some fantastic "quick start" tutorials to help you learn the interface and it's almost as full-featured as 3DS Max. It's much more complex than iClone, but pretty easy to work with once you get the hang of it.