Least favorite change to the show

LincolnHeights

Reaction score
As we all know, Sesame Street has gone through a lot of different changes over the years. I have to ask, what is everyone's least favorite change they made? If it were up to me I'd have to say when they changed the closing credits with the Harmonica music Barkley and the kids to that new animated sequence with the upbeat theme. Everyone's opinion will be different, which will make this thread fun. What is everyone's least favorite SS change?

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Sesaon 33. Although some of that season wasn't all that bad. Mostly it just kind of through me off fome the fourmula that worked the firsr 32 years. But I just had to get adjusted to it. But I liked all the seasons after that, though.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Just that they stopped showing the older clips. The old and the new should be able to live together without conflict. That's what the show is about. :smile:

ISNorden

Reaction score
It's hard to pick one least favorite change, so here are my top five:

5. Rearranging and shortening the theme song.
4. Shortening the "street scene" to 10 or 15 minutes.
3. Focusing on the same three or four characters in most episodes.
2. Forcing the show into the same predictable format every day: segments in rigid order, same characters teaching the same thing, etc.
1. Not making "Elmo's World" a spinoff show in its own right. Yes, it's improved since the Workshop introduced it...but Sesame Street needs more time for the important stuff (storyline, classic clips, etc.).

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I have lots of changes I din't like but I don't have a least favorite so I'll share all of them instead.
1.1992,when they introduced that new hip hoppy intro and credit sequence(which I had to deal with:cry:.)
2.1994,when I started watching the show and then stopped showing alot of 70's material that was occasionally shown and some of them had stupid sound effects and music added to them:frown:.
3.Season 30(1998-1999).The episode plots were good but they retired alot of 80's stuff like they did with the 70's in the early 90's and they didn't have new sound effects or music added to them but they were shown only occasionaly like the 70's segments,Elmo's World came on,I never got to see my all time favorite Sesame Street song "The Letter N" by Nick Normal and the Nickmatics again at that point and there were alot of kinda boring segments added at that point.
4.WORST CHANGE OF ALL,the new format added in season 33.I mean,who wants to see segments like "The Letter Of The Day" or "Number Of The Day"?I mean,younger kids might enjoy them but not me.I stopped watching the show by then.

wiley207

Reaction score
The 1993 era was the worst change, IMO. They added that whole "Around the Corner" bit. Also, despite introducing "Elmo's World," I actually LIKE the 1998-2000 era episodes! I saw a few On Demand, and I gotta admit, they were pretty good! They still have a few classic stuff showing up, including some rare Ernie and Bert clips. If I find anything REALLY rare, I'll upload it on Youtube if it isn't up there yet (and I'll block out the PBS Sprout logo, too, if Viacom owns that).

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Muppet dude said:
The 1993 era was the worst change, IMO. They added that whole "Around the Corner" bit. Also, despite introducing "Elmo's World," I actually LIKE the 1998-2000 era episodes! I saw a few On Demand, and I gotta admit, they were pretty good! They still have a few classic stuff showing up, including some rare Ernie and Bert clips. If I find anything REALLY rare, I'll upload it on Youtube if it isn't up there yet (and I'll block out the PBS Sprout logo, too, if Viacom owns that).
Oops,forgot to add in "Around The Corner" which I also had to deal with.:frown:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Muppet dude said:
I went on to there website and looked at all the channels they own and I didn't see PBS Sprout in there.I don't know why they claimed that that channel was theirs.:smirk:

wiley207

Reaction score
Maybe soasix (or however you spell it) had a Noggin logo on one of them.

But anyways, I will keep an eye out.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Muppet dude said:
Maybe soasix (or however you spell it) had a Noggin logo on one of them.

But anyways, I will keep an eye out.
Well,the origional version of "I Belive In Little Things" by Joe Raposo had the Noggin logo but all of his/her videos had the PBS Sprout logo on it and I don't see why Viacom claims that PBS Sprout is one of their channels.Come to think of it,Viacom deleted alot of videos that weren't even copyright infrigement.