Least likeable Sesame character?

Drtooth

Reaction score
OMG!:eek: Where in the world are the SS writers' minds when they're writing these things? And yes it can be construed as something dirty! :embarrassed:
SS writers..IF you're reading this (probably not likely,but just in case) bring yourself down to a 3 year old's level.OK..."Furry triangle feels good." sounds well & innocent to you. Now bring yourselves back up to your adult ages about a day later and read it again: "Furry triangle feels good." You'll probably think "Oh my goodness"(or you'll think some profanity) "What was I thinking?" These kids will be watching Sesame Street with an adult most probably. Or the adult will be in the next room. If the adult is in the next room you can bet that that TV will get switched to some other channel no thanks to that "Furry Triangle" bit. (My almost 4 year old niece doesn't watch SS anymore. No idea why. But I think my 18 month old nephew might. Not sure.) Either way I'm concerned for them.
This segment hasn't been seen in well over 6 years, let's get that perfectly straight. Secondly, I have no doubt in my mind that was an unfortunate mistake. I'm sure if they were well aware of the second context that had, they would have changed the line considerably. And Thirdly... kids have NO idea what a furry triangle is. It didn't even pass my mind until someone brought it up to me later. SS is too smart to let intentionally dirty jokes come out like that. In the context of the show, it was a stupid thing a stupid character said to get stupid humor. Sort of like anything Ralph Wiggum would say. Surprisingly, no one else read into it.

zns

Reaction score
I'd have to say Horatio the Elephant. He just seems too random of a character and doesn't seem to fit in well with the rest of the Muppets. I think it's the eyes.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The obnoxious squeaky voice Joey gave him isn't all that much a help either, right?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
OMG!:eek: Where in the world are the SS writers' minds when they're writing these things? And yes it can be construed as something dirty! :embarrassed:
SS writers..IF you're reading this (probably not likely,but just in case) bring yourself down to a 3 year old's level.OK..."Furry triangle feels good." sounds well & innocent to you. Now bring yourselves back up to your adult ages about a day later and read it again: "Furry triangle feels good." You'll probably think "Oh my goodness"(or you'll think some profanity) "What was I thinking?" These kids will be watching Sesame Street with an adult most probably. Or the adult will be in the next room. If the adult is in the next room you can bet that that TV will get switched to some other channel no thanks to that "Furry Triangle" bit. (My almost 4 year old niece doesn't watch SS anymore. No idea why. But I think my 18 month old nephew might. Not sure.) Either way I'm concerned for them.
Eh, Sesame Street has always had double meaning jokes that kids won't get until they're older. That's not a big deal to me.

It's a lot better than mainstream kids films who make blatant dirty jokes with no attempt to hide them.

Adults can find "dirty" in such about everything, that doesn't mean we should censor everything just in case.

What is a big deal to me is that the quality of the writing on Sesame Street in general is not where it should be. I wouldn't be surprised if my young relatives weren't watching it either.

Drtooth

Reaction score
What is a big deal to me is that the quality of the writing on Sesame Street in general is not where it should be. I wouldn't be surprised if my young relatives weren't watching it either.
That all goes back to the stories in a block format being stunted, as far as time passing goes. Seems that when everything happens all at once, it feels flat.. and when time passes, a forced transition happens... it gets in the way of writing, and dragging out a 15 minute storyline through a 50 minute show adds the illusion of time passing... plus, I'm sure the writers get pressure about what they have to write about and how many puppeteers can be in an episode... again, stunting everything. A lot of leaked treatments for episodes list characters that were written out due to unavailability and time. But there was NO excuse for multiple guessing game game show episodes in a single season.

As for the joke, I defend the fact that we're all making something dirty out of something that was meant to be silly. If anyone found a problem, they would have caught it.

Convincing John

Reaction score
Eh, Sesame Street has always had double meaning jokes that kids won't get until they're older. That's not a big deal to me.
I still wonder if the following statement by Cookie Monster at the end of this clip was intentional reference of a famous commercial slogan from the time. I'm talking about "Taste great and less filling, too."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pskxZbs4dR4

For those who say "oh it's a coincidence", it could be. Then again, I wouldn't be surprised if Frank Oz would do something like that. Plus, they made that clip "Alphabet Time"...

Convincing John

rowlfy662

Reaction score
although i dont hate any sesame street character im not a fan of Alice i think if she was in more apperances i would and i really disliked her ep 3775 when she throwed a tantrum so not a big fan of her

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Meanwhile, I'm still trying to figure out what exactly is so "racist" about a Confederate flag, unless it's like the American version of Hitler's swastika.
Because the Confederate army was fighting for the right to keep slavery legal.

I'm not saying everyone who owns a Confederate flag is racist. Some just do it for a general pride in the South. But others use it to support a racist message.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm still stretching my imagination to see what's rude about this. People reading over my shoulder can't figure it out either lol
But we're too embarrassed to ask.
Uh... family site... it's basically a "that's what he said" type deal... not going any closer to that. And I only came across that when someone who does NOTHING but say "That's what she said" when the Office came out pointed it out to me.

I know what it is, but I refuse to tell anyone. It's not racist, it's not something really bad... it's just slightly vulgar if you're looking to make something slightly vulgar of it.

Sort of like how ABC's prude censors couldn't allow Bob on Reboot to say a certain sport because it's also the name of a lesser known sex term only known to really depraved people.

But yeah.... if you do find out, you can't unthink it. My fault for bringing it up...

Because the Confederate army was fighting for the right to keep slavery legal.

I'm not saying everyone who owns a Confederate flag is racist. Some just do it for a general pride in the South. But others use it to support a racist message.
That's a very big and long area I wouldn't want to mess with. But I DID like the Cleveland show where Cleveland (voiced by a white guy) and his neighbor, a stereotyped white southern redneck type (voiced by a black guy) were fighting over the fact that he had a Confederate Flag over his house... at the end of the episode, it's revealed the only reason why he even had it was because he was a Dukes of Hazard fan, and had no idea what it meant. So I'm wondering if some of those people even realize why it hurts others.

Back to the subject...
although i dont hate any sesame street character im not a fan of Alice i think if she was in more apperances i would and i really disliked her ep 3775 when she throwed a tantrum so not a big fan of her
Alice was there to fill out the "What happens when you have a new baby in a family of a once only child" curriculum. They did the same thing with Curly Bear... it just seems after they used her to make a point, she disappeared.