Leave Disney alone

muppetsforlife

Reaction score
Ok let me retype this cause it didn't go through the first time. I don't understand why everyone continues to bash everything Disney does with the muppets. In the past year we have gotten more muppets than we have seen probably in the past 20 years. They have done everything they can to give everyone what they want. For people who only like older stuff, your getting the boxed set of the muppet show in a few months. For people that want new stuff, they are continuously working on new projects. For people like myself, who enjoy both, we get the best of both worlds. What more do you want from them? They didn't purchase the muppets to do absolutely nothing with them. So everyone should be happy. Leave those people alone.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
I'm not a big Disney basher either. I think they will be good for the Muppets. But I believe that many of the projects you refer to were already in the works before Disney took over the Muppets. I could be wrong and I'm sure someone else can help with those dates.

maxdrive

Reaction score
I dont think Jim Henson would want us to bash Disney anywayi read somewhere that when he died he was planing on selling the muppets to disney.

MWoO

Reaction score
Yes, he was nearing the end of a deal to sell the entire company to Disney except for Sesame Street. Jim wouldh ave remained in creative control though. He probably felt that with Disney's money and promotion power he could turn out better productions and he could have done more stuff. If Disney took over the day to day stuff for the compnay Jim would have had the freedom to be an atrist again without worriing about the check book. I really wish we could have seen some of the great work he would have come out with.

After his death though Disney pulledo ut of the deal bewcause they didn't just wanyt the characters, they wanted to creative mind behind them. They did produce two Muppet movies though and if you ask me they were quite good. Now I'd like to see what Disney will do on their own. MWoO was basically all JHC and not the idea of Disney. We'll see what Disney has planned when the feature film happen in 2007. That has me interested. If it is yet anothetr story retelling, I'll be quite upset.

muppetsforlife

Reaction score
maxdrive said:
I dont think Jim Henson would want us to bash Disney anywayi read somewhere that when he died he was planing on selling the muppets to disney.
Thats my point exactly. If people don't like what is happening, that is fine. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. But when people make comments like "Jim Henson is rolling over in his grave", it kind of confuses me a bit. How do they know this? If people want to speak their opinion, thats fine. But they need not be speaking for other people. Especially those that are deceased. Disney is doing everything they can to appeal to both old fans and new ones. I think they are doing just fine. So far.

Malachy

Reaction score
muppetsforlife said:
But when people make comments like "Jim Henson is rolling over in his grave", it kind of confuses me a bit. How do they know this? If people want to speak their opinion, thats fine. But they need not be speaking for other people. Especially those that are deceased..
I don't think they're speaking for them exactly...it's just a figure of speech as to say, "the show isn't in as high of a state of quality as it would be if Jim Henson was still here". Also, I agree with muppetsforlife...we couldn't really ask for much more from Disney (except maybe another feature film :wink: ) than they're already giving us.

muppetsforlife

Reaction score
Malachy said:
I don't think they're speaking for them exactly...it's just a figure of speech as to say, "the show isn't in as high of a state of quality as it would be if Jim Henson was still here". Also, I agree with muppetsforlife...we couldn't really ask for much more from Disney (except maybe another feature film :wink: ) than they're already giving us.
Yeah i see what your saying. I've said this before and i'll say it again. I would not want the muppets to ever be as good as they were as when Jim Henson owned them. It would demean the genius status I have of him. The muppets are still good though and I stand behind Disney on everything they have done to this point. I agree on the feature film idea though. Lets keep our fingers crossed.

MWoO

Reaction score
There actually is a plan for a feature film according to a wall street journal article. It said it is planned for 2007. I am not sure if that is a 2007 release date or a 2007 production date. Either way it's pretty cool. I just hope it is a mopvie where they play themselves and a movie that is written well and makes use of all the characters. no more characters being seen just to be seen. Either bring the EM back full time or drop them altogether. Stop teasing us.

muppetsforlife

Reaction score
Really? Thats awesome!!! When was this article published? I would like to see it. :smile: