"Leave....Or Be Dooooomed!!!!"

Saironi

Reaction score
An angered Uncle Deadly threatens to make life in the theater hard on the residents if they don't leave it. Is it possible that he put a curse on the theater that causes some of the problems that weren't the fault of anyone in later seasons? It does make some sense when you think about it.

Gonzo14

Reaction score
or is he possibly somehow responsible for the troubles in IAVMMCM?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Maybe he is responsible for all of the bad luck that The newsman started to have on a regular basis. of course, ther were a few times before that episode where something bad happened to The Newsman (he got his hand burnt when he touched a phone in one episode, he triped before giving a news report once, and he got eaten by his desk one time).

Xerus

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
Maybe he is responsible for all of the bad luck that The newsman started to have on a regular basis. of course, ther were a few times before that episode where something bad happened to The Newsman (he got his hand burnt when he touched a phone in one episode, he triped before giving a news report once, and he got eaten by his desk one time).

Yes, I believe The Newsman got eaten by his desk after Uncle Deadly started appearing on the show. So it's probably part of the curse.

And how about when the pigs took over the show, or when everyone turned into chickens, or when the theater got seized by pirates?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Kimp the Shrimp said:
Something Always Happened To The Newsman
During the first season, bad things rarely happened to him. After the first season, it was normal for something really bad to happen to him.

Also, the episode where he got eaten by a desk was uncle Deadleys first episode, though he wasn't properly introduced untill a few episodes later, which is when he told kermit to leave or be doomed.

Maybe the band threatening to quit was part of Uncle Deadleys curse. Or Gonzo's long arm, or Gilda radner accidently getting glue all over the theatre, or Statler and waldorf keeping score of the acts (where the muppets kept getting amazingly low scores while the guest got amazingly high scores), or.....

Infinity Sirius

Reaction score
or when the Muppets decided to shoot Muppets Harry Potter. It's coming I tell ya!

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
During the first season, bad things rarely happened to him. After the first season, it was normal for something really bad to happen to him.
Yeah, to tell the truth. I never thought the news reports were that funny in the early eps. I did enjoy them more when things started happening to him. I guess Uncle Deadly was just trying to help make that segment better. Lol.

Another thing to keep in mind was about the "news tip hotline" thing. Though it appeared in the second episode, it was most likely taped later on. So I guess we can blame Deadly for that one as well.