Leo Sayer Almost Makes Me Love The Wiggles

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Not in the same way, this is not a whole different level, a scary one...
Speakin' o' scary, one of my favorite non-Disney-at-the-time films, The Brave Little Toaster, is totally trippy because the appliances think they've left to rot away in a dusty old cottage (especially Blanket with his wailing), Air Conditioner blows his fuse--basically committing character suicide until the end of the film--when his jealousy of not being able to be fiddled with catches up to him, Toaster has a nightmare about a devil-horned clown fireman with forks coming after him, Lampy sacrifices himself against a thunderstorm to save battery power so the lost Blanket could be found, Kirby--despite his gruff demeanor--willingly forgos his warranty when he jumps into a raging river to save his friends, the five appliances nearly get bogged down into sticky goo, the five appliances get musically tortured by broken-down appliances, Radio nearly gets taken apart by some insanely spontaneous appliance geek, some newer appliances seem to be on the cutting edge and these appliances say what coporations seem to repeat nowadays in that the newer stuff is often considered better by those in high positions (and by society in general, because most people anymore demand instant gratification), the busted up cars in one of the saddest songs within the film almost seem to symbolize we humans at the end of our lives when we supposedly become basically worthless to society (hence why elderly patients are put into nursing homes & just wait for the end), and Toaster commiting appliance suicide to save his master from the jaws of death via the car-smashing utensil.

Son of Enik

Reaction score
Ok...I gotta put my 10 cents in here.
My daughter LOVES The Wiggles. She has made my wife and I fans of the show and the guys in the group. My wife and I have long been fans of Leo Sayer.That being said, a short story for you:
I work for a retail giant that shall go nameless and saw the Wiggles DVD "You Make Me Feel Like Dancing" featuring Sayer as I was putting away stock one evening and made sure I grabbed one for my Arianna. After watching it with her and her mother, I said to myself "That was one of the most fun discs I've ever watched!"
So are the Wiggles talking down to kids? Maybe. Is there educational value in their programs? Probably not. But what's wrong with some good clean fun? When I was a kid, I watched shows like Sesame Street to learn while being entertained, even if I didn't know I was being educated at the moment. When I watched something like Tom and Jerry, I was merely being entertained...no harm done.
So while I understand everyone is entitled to their opinions, just letting you know that I like The Wiggles, my daughter loves them and I don't see what harm they could possibly do to a child or make them rebel.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
So are the Wiggles talking down to kids? Maybe.
That's the problem, right there. Too many shows for kids these days do that and it makes kids feel incompetant.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Ok...I gotta put my 10 cents in here.
My daughter LOVES The Wiggles. She has made my wife and I fans of the show and the guys in the group. My wife and I have long been fans of Leo Sayer.That being said, a short story for you:
I work for a retail giant that shall go nameless and saw the Wiggles DVD "You Make Me Feel Like Dancing" featuring Sayer as I was putting away stock one evening and made sure I grabbed one for my Arianna. After watching it with her and her mother, I said to myself "That was one of the most fun discs I've ever watched!"
So are the Wiggles talking down to kids? Maybe. Is there educational value in their programs? Probably not. But what's wrong with some good clean fun? When I was a kid, I watched shows like Sesame Street to learn while being entertained, even if I didn't know I was being educated at the moment. When I watched something like Tom and Jerry, I was merely being entertained...no harm done.
So while I understand everyone is entitled to their opinions, just letting you know that I like The Wiggles, my daughter loves them and I don't see what harm they could possibly do to a child or make them rebel.
I actually don't think The Wiggles is a show that is talking down to children. While I don't really like it myself I see it as just a fun sing along show...Now shows like Dora and SuperWhy, I think those are talking down to children because they don't give little ones any credit for how they might be at a higher level than "Can you find _____? *A huge fraggle size ____ appears on the screen* Good job!"

I love Lazy Town, which is another just for fun sing along show (Yes, yes, with a really really handsome main superhero *hides*:embarrassed:) because it mixes those songs with the idea that little kids actually have a brain and can learn good habits without "What do I have in my hand? Is it an apple? Yes it is? Can you say apple? C'mon, c'mon...Good boy!"

wwfpooh

Reaction score
(Yes, yes, with a really really handsome main superhero *hides*:embarrassed:)
Like Sportacus, I see. XD

because it mixes those songs with the idea that little kids actually have a brain and can learn good habits without "What do I have in my hand? Is it an apple? Yes it is? Can you say apple? C'mon, c'mon...Good boy!"
Indeed. It treats kids as they are instead of dog-like robots.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Like Sportacus, I see. XD
*Switches into valley girl-ese* OMG, you have, like no idea, it's, like going on three years now and junk. I so, like, miss Nick Jr. showing Lazy Town you know? Like, they replaced it with more Dora or some junk :stick_out_tongue:. I miss his face *sighs*

Indeed. It treats kids as they are instead of dog-like robots.
It's so true, and, like, no little kid needs that sort of thing you know? :stick_out_tongue:

Redsonga

Reaction score
Certainly not.
*switches out of valley girl-ese* Golly, I had no idea how much of a native tongue that really was for me until I started *lol*:coy:

But really I think little children are just as smart as they ever have been if shows would just understand that:sympathy: