Les Paul Dies.

sesameguy

Reaction score
Sad news- He had quite an impact on recording technology, as well as a recording artist with his wife Mary Ford. He'll be missed.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I knew he was well in his 90's. Even at his advanced age, he still managed to play two shows every Monday night at the Iridium Club in New York City. I was lucky enough to go with some members of my church band in 2005. We all have Les Paul guitars
(I got a Les Paul BASS!) and we all got our guitars autographed.

Thank you Les for perfecting the electric guitar, for all the music you made, and the hilarious stories you told at your shows. Peace and God's Grace Forever:sing:

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
So sad. I heard it on the radio yesterday while I was at work.

There was a really nice editorial cartoon in the Record today. On one side, there was "Virtual Guitar Hero:" the video game. On the other side was "Real Guitar Hero:" Les Paul with one of his guitars.

http://www.northjersey.com/news/opinions/Todays_cartoon.html

And I think we can count the Electric Mayhem among the many, many musicians who owe a great deal of success to Paul - in a lot of Mayhem sketches, Janice does seem to be playing a Gibson Les Paul.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Aw man that's too bad, well his contributions won't soon be forgotten. Rock on, Les Paul!