Leslie Carrara characterization workshop

charlie bird

Reaction score
Hi everyone I just met Leslie Cara and I was so excited to meet her! She is the most amazing muppeteer! She can do so many amazing voices and hosted a characterization workshop at the museum of puppetry arts. She is such a inspiration and really studies characters beyond what anyone could ask her about them. She makes some of her own puppets for her shows and they look awesome, they are made of whatever she or anyone else is about to disown .She can realy work with anything to make an amazing puppet. She is an amazing person to meet and they introduced me to her personally when my friend Wes and I went 2 hours early on accident, but it was soooooooooooo worth the long drive!
Thank you for letting me share my awesome exspeirience

MuppetLabsBoy

Reaction score
AWESOME!:excited:
Did she bring Abby with her?
Do you have any pics you could post?:confused:

crazy chris

Reaction score
ooooooooooooh man...im so jealous charlie! thats definately an inspiring experience!

definately would love to see pics!

cc

charlie bird

Reaction score
Sadly she did not bring abby.She did bring allot of her own characters though.Iactully did not take pictures ,but I think I might be able to get some because I'm planing to go to her show next week.She has one this week ,but I think I'll wait untill next week,Long trip!

charlie bird

Reaction score
ooooooooooooh man...im so jealous charlie! thats definately an inspiring experience!

definately would love to see pics!

cc
I loved everry seccond of it!She was so thoughtful ,as well as the manerger of the center of puppetry arts.He was like ummm.....Do you want to go meet her! You can imagine my exitement!allwys go early it's worth it.We also had fun just walking around the area to buy some time because the exibitt was not open.the exibet is amazing!They had the origional Ralf!And allot of the fragles used in the real show including the green screen rod puppets!Even some of the puppets from the labrynth.
amazing!

crazy chris

Reaction score
i listened to the henson company podcast this last week and ive been dying to drive down there... but now youve completely sold me!

cc

charlie bird

Reaction score
Yay!dont forget to tour the museum it's free and amazing!Do you plan to go to a specific show?
Thank you

crazy chris

Reaction score
i really just planned to visit the museum....and see the few muppets and MADAM! i heard she was there... waylon flowers was a big inspiration in my youth...lol

i just love puppetry...so im sure the museum would blow my mind

cc

charlie bird

Reaction score
i really just planned to visit the museum....and see the few muppets and MADAM! i heard she was there... waylon flowers was a big inspiration in my youth...lol

i just love puppetry...so im sure the museum would blow my mind

cc
abslutly !it's awsome to go there and admire all the wonderfull puppets there, exspecially because most of them were the origional ones

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
Very cool that you got to meet her before the workshop, Charlie. :smile: It was so worth skipping school for, LOL. :wink: