let's guess whe performed characters who had their voice dubbed

minor muppetz

Reaction score
There have been many scenes where multiple characters performed by the same person spoke in the same take, causing the regular performers to dub at east one voice and have it edited in later. Let's guess who was performing certain characters in these scenes.

The Muppet Movie:

In the scene with Kermit and Rowlf interracting together, I think Frank Oz was performing Rowlf, since Miss Piggy was also in that scene, but she never appeared at the same time as Rowlf. Frank Oz was there, which is what makes me think he performed Rowlf. I think the hands were performed by either Steve Whitmire or Richard Hunt. I know that Steve liked performing characters who played instruments, and he said in an interview that eh would often perform Rowlfs hands whenever playing the piano (He most likely didn't during the last season closing and u.k. spots from the Beverly Sills and Roger Moore episodes, since he was probably performing Lips in those scenes). Tough Pigs has an anthology about an earlier draft of the script, which mentioned that Statler and waldorf had a scene at the resturaunt that wasn't in the movie. This could have been filmed and cut, or it could have never been filmed. If it was cut from the movie, then Richard Hunt would have been available to perform Rowlf or his hands.

Since Eren Ozker performed in this movie, I think she might have performed Janice in scenes with janice and scooter, since she originally performed janice.

I'll post some more thoughts later.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
golden teeth said:
Erin Ozker didn't perform in this movie. She left in 1977.
Even though she left in 1977, she did perform in this movie. She's listed in the credits.

golden teeth

Reaction score
I doubt she performed Janice very much in this movie. Theres very few scenes where we see both Janice and Scooter. Even in the song they sing, "Can You Picture That", Janice and Scooter aren't seen together.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
golden teeth said:
I doubt she performed Janice very much in this movie. Theres very few scenes where we see both Janice and Scooter. Even in the song they sing, "Can You Picture That", Janice and Scooter aren't seen together.
I watched this movie recently, and I noticed that there are several shots where they both appear in, although in many of those shots they are close enough together to have both been performed by Richard Hunt at the same time.

I wonder if Eren Ozker performed any of her characters in the final scene. I've read that Hilda was there, I'm not sure if wanda was there, and many characters from Emmit Otters Jug-Band Christmas (which she performed in) were also there. In the thread about this scene, it was confirmed that Richard Hunt performed Janice in that scene.

Anyway, back to the original topic...

In the Twiggy episode, in the last backstage scene, by process of elimination I'm sure that John Lovelady performed either Fozzie or George. I can't remember which one had more lines in that scene. All of the other performers in that episode had a speaking character in that scene (Jim Henson performed Kermit, Eren Ozker performed Hilda, Richard Hunt performed Scooter, Jerry Nelson performed Uncle Deadley, and Dave Goelz performed Gonzo).

MuppetDude

Reaction score
golden teeth said:
I think I saw a picture of Caroly Wilcox playing Janice when the EM band said goodbye to Fozzie and Kermit in their newly-painted Studebaker.

golden teeth

Reaction score
I'll actually answer the post.

It's a Very merry Muppet Christmas Movie-Robin, Pops and Statler were dubbed. I'm sure there were more.

Muppets from Space-Miss Piggy and Fozzie in several scenes. Kermit when Bean Bunny gets hit by the door.

Muppets take manhatten-Several scenes including the one where Kermit pitches the idea of the musical, then a few seconds later, Rowlf says, "Hay now I smell something"

Skekayuk

Reaction score
There is a 'backstage' scene in the Roger Moore episode where Kermit is having a conversation with a Viking Pig who has just come off-stage (form doing 'The Viking Number'). Judging by the photograph in the book OM&M, that character is being voiced by Jerry Nelson, but puppeteered by Louise Gold. - But goodness only knows why.

muppet_dk

Reaction score
golden teeth said:
Muppets from Space-Miss Piggy and Fozzie in several scenes.
Most of the scenes in MFS with Franks characters was dubbed, he did very little puppetering in that movie.

golden teeth

Reaction score
Frank did quite a bit of puppeteering in MFS, but not as much as everyone else. If you watch the trailer for MFS, in it Animal opens Fozzie's shower and Fozzie goes, "UUggghh." Its not Frank doing that. Also in the same trailer Pepe is dancing with a tutu and Fozzie says , "Whhew". Also not Frank. He did do puppeteering in some of the film though.