Let's talk Doozers

zeldazipple

Reaction score
Ok I finally brought up enough courage to start this topic again.
If you love them as much as I do yeah!!
But if you don't like them don't say mean stuff that might upset others.
ANYWAY!!
I see that the Doozers don't see to get enough attention. I started this topic in the past and got some pretty intresting conversations going sooo.
Who's your fave Doozer?
Why do you like the Doozers or don't like?

Emeowrald

Reaction score
I like the Doozers because they bring a bit of balance to Fraggle Rock. While the Fraggles think of just having fun, the Doozers think about complex strategies and buildings that require not only alot of physical labor, but alot of careful planning and co-operation as well. They also bring a bit of technology to the rock as well.
Of course I like Cotterpin, but I also found Turbo to be interesting too in that he was also a rebel albiet a different type then Cotterpin.
The Fraggles are still the number one reason why I love Fraggle Rock, but it wouldn't be the same without the Doozers.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I have to admit the Doozers were never my favorite species on Fraggle Rock. Their whole building and working mentality just wasn't that interesting to me. And they were a bit under developed compared to the other species on the show.

That being said, I enjoyed the Doozers when they were allowed to come out of their shells and be more real, like in "Doozer is as Doozer Does."

Despite their conflict, Wrench and Turbo were actually quite similar. Both were clearly very insecure and desperate to fit in. But in the end, Wrench had the stronger character. It was nice when Wrench and Turbo made up at the end. I like to think they became friends.

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
I'll go even farther than heralde.

When I was a kid, I hated the doozers. And I mean HATED!

Really!

I did!

:grouchy:

I thought they were stupid and pointless and a complete waste of air time. But you have to understand, I was THRILLED with the fraggles, and I didn't have HBO. My grandparents did when they got a new satellite, but then it got scrambled. So after that my only chance to see the show was purely by chance of being at a relative's house when it was on. And this was VERY rare. But, on a rare time the show would be on and I would get to see some of it, I remember once or twice it being an episode about the "stupid doozers", and it made me so angry! Here I was getting a rare chance to see the fun fraggles, and I was stuck with boring doozers. ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzz...

But now I'm all "growed up", and I appreciate them for their unique place in the show. My favorite doozer is Flange because he's really manly and tough (though only 6 inches tall, how cute, lol :stick_out_tongue: ), but he's also a loving husband and father. And like me, he doesn't give in and is impatient, lol ("Doozer Contest" anyone?) He also has a cool voice and moustache, lol. :cool:

And when I was a kid I didn't care much for "that old man and that dog" either---but of course now I love them! And the Gorgs, well, I didn't dislike them as kids, but they sure could intimidate the heck outta me. LOL Scary things when you're little!

superboober

Reaction score
Truthfully when I was young the Doozer-centric episodes were the least interesting ones to me (exceptions being when one of the Fraggles interacted with a Doozer character throughout the show). They're enjoyable characters in their own right, but much as like with Slimer, too much can be too much. Still, it wouldn't quite be the Rock without them, as the production team intended.

zeldazipple

Reaction score
Builders, rebels, and Fraggles

I think the Doozers have their own kind of fun in a way, but I see what you mean thought. Which also brings a question why do you think the Doozers seem to be more technally advanced than the Fraggles. Does the Fraggles just like their world the way it is so they never evoled. Or do they just don't have the ' smarts ' to figure it out?
I think Doozers like Turbo, and Cotterpin, are what I call the ' think out of the box ' kind of Doozers. This was somethng that I came up a while ago and it seems to fit, that prehaps only Doozers who have red hair or reddish tones most of the time turn out tobe rebelous. I know Turbo had black hair with blond streaks in it, but maybe just MAYBE he changed the colour. I think red hair is something that's really rare for a Doozer.
Cotterpin on the other hand really liked being out of the norm and is quite happy with her hair the way it is. Anything to be differnt works for her.

Emeowrald said:
I like the Doozers because they bring a bit of balance to Fraggle Rock. While the Fraggles think of just having fun, the Doozers think about complex strategies and buildings that require not only alot of physical labor, but alot of careful planning and co-operation as well. They also bring a bit of technology to the rock as well.
Of course I like Cotterpin, but I also found Turbo to be interesting too in that he was also a rebel albiet a different type then Cotterpin.
The Fraggles are still the number one reason why I love Fraggle Rock, but it wouldn't be the same without the Doozers.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
zeldazipple said:
Why do you think the Doozers seem to be more technally advanced than the Fraggles. Does the Fraggles just like their world the way it is so they never evoled. Or do they just don't have the ' smarts ' to figure it out?
I always thought the Fraggles were similar to the Hobbits from Lord of the Rings. They live a simple, happy life that works just fine for them. And they have little interest in changing or exploring other places or ways. That's one thing I think you're not supposed to like about Fraggles. They're content but they're TOO content. That's why Gobo and Traveling Matt are considered so unusual.

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
heralde said:
And they have little interest in changing or exploring other places or ways. That's one thing I think you're not supposed to like about Fraggles. They're content but they're TOO content. That's why Gobo and Traveling Matt are considered so unusual.
Gobo and Matt love exploring, yes, but Mokey isn't "too content" IMO. She likes exploring other ways, is open to new ideas and phenomenons, and likes to make an altruistic difference in the world (see "Invasion of the Toe-Ticklers" for one great example).

With her being the most mature and Gobo being the natural leader of the group, it makes sense to have the two of them be the most exploratory fraggles, both in life, and in caves respectively.

Really!

It does!

:zany:

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Janice & Mokey's Man said:
But now I'm all "growed up", and I appreciate them for their unique place in the show. My favorite doozer is Flange because he's really manly and tough (though only 6 inches tall, how cute, lol :stick_out_tongue: )
Byron likes 'em manly! Grr!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Janice & Mokey's Man said:
Gobo and Matt love exploring, yes, but Mokey isn't "too content" IMO. She likes exploring other ways, is open to new ideas and phenomenons, and likes to make an altruistic difference in the world (see "Invasion of the Toe-Ticklers" for one great example).
That's true, Mokey's a different sort of Fraggle as well. It's just that Gobo is the leader out of the five main characters and is most often set up as the unusual one. Of course, there are times when Mokey is set up against everyone else.