Let's talk Doozers

MrsWembly

Reaction score
I find some of the episodes about the doozers sort of boring, but I like Cotterpin. I like that she doesn't quite “fit in” with the other doozers and wants to explore outside her little world. :smirk: :excited:

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
I like Cotterpin too. I identify with her rather well.
:concern:
I see what you mean, and agree that Gobo and Mokey are both explorers so to speak, but aren't all the fraggles, with the possible exception of Wembly, set up against the others at one point.
I don't know if you've read it, and at the moment I've forgottten the title, but in the fanfic section Beth has written a story about Red. It's funny, since we're talking about change, and in the story, all the other fraggles are growing up and going through changes, and Red runs away because she doesn't want to change. Even though Red has her own strengths, as do the other fraggles, I could still picture her resisting such changes in real life.
Pardon me. Here we are talking about doozers, and here I am talking about fraggles with a consintration on Red. Cotterpin would aprove...

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Didn't Red and Cotterpin sort of become special friends as I vaguely seem to remember?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
This is ironic, first I was saying that I didn't particularly care for Doozers. But now I have to admit I'm not that into Cotterpin because she's not Doozer enough! I guess I like seeing the Doozers in their natural habitat more than I thought!

Another thing, I always found it amusing how the Fraggles make fun of the Doozers, but then turn around and wonder why the Gorgs are so mean. But obviously, lack of communication is the basic plot of the show! lol

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Yes Marty, you're right. That's why I said that Cotterpin would aprove of me talking more about Red than about the doozers. That, and the fact that she didn't think much of the doozer lifestyle, and wanted to be more like a fraggle.
I see people like Cotterpin and a few others sort of being like the "younger generation." First of all she was chronologically, but also she was sort of like pushing for change in her society. Of course she made a few mistakes along the way, but so does everyone.
:wink:
As for what you said Heralde about the fraggle double standard, I guess it is the understanding among all misinformed, noncommunicating people that it's okay to pick on the little guy.
:smile:

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Well, you gotta note too, that the fraggles simply shake their heads at not understanding these "odd little doozers", and that is a big difference between trying to destroy or enslave them, lol.

zeldazipple

Reaction score
Yeah most seem to think that the Doozers has no pourpose but without them I think their world would not be able to function properly. Not only do the Doozers provide Fraggles with yummy towers to eat, but I also believe that they help rotate the earth something like how earthworm bring oxygen to the soil to help the plants grow.

heralde said:
I have to admit the Doozers were never my favorite species on Fraggle Rock.
Yeah they wern't my fave at first either 'till I realised how useful they are to the world they live in.

They were a bit under developed compared to the other species on the show.
Under developed? :confused: How do you figure that?
I always thought Doozer were technally more advanced than the Fraggles beceuse they can build things like mobeles, and tools which Fraggles probably can't do.

That being said, I enjoyed the Doozers when they were allowed to come out of their shells and be more real, like in "Doozer is as Doozer Does."

Despite their conflict, Wrench and Turbo were actually quite similar. Both were clearly very insecure and desperate to fit in. But in the end, Wrench had the stronger character. It was nice when Wrench and Turbo made up at the end. I like to think they became friends.
I believe Turbo, and Wrench became really good friends as they got older. Turbo eventually outgrew his 'rebel ' stage but he never lost his ' out of the box ' thinking which came in handy later on.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
zeldazipple said:
I believe Turbo, and Wrench became really good friends as they got older. Turbo eventually outgrew his 'rebel ' stage but he never lost his ' out of the box ' thinking which came in handy later on.
Yes, I imagine Turbo was relieved to have the stress of leadership taken off him for awhile. There was probably so much pressure to be the best team, which was why he turned to flooping.

Hehe, wow, we're taking this very seriously!

zeldazipple

Reaction score
Janice & Mokey's ManI'll go even farther than heralde.

I didn't have HBO. My grandparents did when they got a new satellite, but then it got scrambled. So after that my only chance to see the show was purely by chance of being at a relative's house when it was on. And this was VERY rare.
My mother wouldn't allow HBO in the house I really wanted it for years, finally got it when my older brother subscribed to it in a bundle so get the Diseny Channle which at the time you had to pay for. I didn't like the Fraggles very much in the beginning, but I do remeber seeing it a time or 2 on HBO.
It wasn't 'till 1989 when I decided to finally wtch it from beginning to end, and I thought it was the coolest thing on TV. From then on I was hooked. The Fraggles is what started my interest in Jim Henson and the Muppets. :smile:

But now I'm all "growed up", and I appreciate them for their unique place in the show. My favorite doozer is Flange because he's really manly and tough (though only 6 inches tall, how cute, lol :stick_out_tongue: ), but he's also a loving husband and father. And like me, he doesn't give in and is impatient, lol ("Doozer Contest" anyone?) He also has a cool voice and moustache, lol.
I like Fange too I fond hom to be the most ' handsomest ' Dooser in da dome. Everything about him I like as started above. :stick_out_tongue:

And when I was a kid I didn't care much for "that old man and that dog" either---but of course now I love them!
I always liked Doc and Sprocket as much as I liked the Fraggles. Doc has to be my fave though. I always love how he used to get upset on the phone and when they hung up on him he would say. " The same to you! Good bye! " That would always make me laugh.
As for Sprocket I always found him to be very charming and funny for a ' dog. ' I loved the way he would immatate Ned every time Doc said his name.

And the Gorgs, well, I didn't dislike them as kids, but they sure could intimidate the heck outta me. LOL Scary things when you're little!
I was never afraide of the Gorgs. My mum always liked Jr Goarg especially when he daned around and his big belly would bouce around.