Let's Talk Puppets

blackaerin

Reaction score
We all know and love the Muppets, but what about their puppets?
The puppets themselves have undergone lots of design changes over the years. What are your opinions of the new puppets? Do you have any past favorite versions?

Beauregard

Reaction score
I'm afraid I have to say that I dislike many of the new Puppets, because they all look far too 'new', rather than slightly worn and realistic suggesting that they had been around the block and truly lived. Now they all look a bit more fake, like celebrities who have had plastic surgery. I've never liked Mulch for this reason.

I adore the Muppet Caper look and in the last season of the Muppet show.

GonzoLover85

Reaction score
GMC has got to be my favourite look for the puppets as well, and they definitely now do look too new and fake. Some of them anyway, some still possess that old Muppety look.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I have to admit I have a special soft spot for the way Sam the Eagle looked in The Sex and Violence Pilot and most of The Muppet Show Season One. I think it's those big bushy eyebrows. They really set him off so distinguishly.:attitude:

ToodlesTeam

Reaction score
As far as the newer revisions of the puppets go, I'm pretty much okay with all of them except Gonzo, but I know that's been discussed before so I won't go into detail.

I'm also not super fond of how Scooter looks anymore. I can't quite put my finger on why, but something about him bothers me when compared to the old puppets.

LamangoNumber2

Reaction score
I hated the temp look of Scooter in season 3, and the neckless one from Season 4 onward.

LamangoNumber2

Reaction score
You know what I just noticed? Out of all the 'mainframe' puppets, Clifford and Lips are the only ones that haven't been changed...AT ALL, well, Clifford when he got his eyes removed, but he and Lips are still from the original builds of Jim Henson's original workshop team... Kinda awesome if you think about it. You can totally see the contrast between old and new when the Mayhem band preformed Run Run Rudolph. Lips is slightly larger than the other band mates, duller in color now, and heck, the clothes don't match either.