Letter of the Day Question

dietrich

Reaction score
How many Letter of the Sketches had Cookie Monster with Priarie Dawn? I'm curious which letters were used and how she tried to stop him from eating the letter

ISNorden

Reaction score
I don't remember all of the Cookie vs. Prairie Dawn letter clips, although the role-reversal gag in their H clip was one of the few funny moments on a recent show. Cookie Monster had chosen to fill up on cookies before teaching the letter, then promised not to eat it. Prairie, of course, doesn't believe him; she does a near-perfect impression of Cookie's "losing control and eating the letter" moments. "Letter H make me hungry [word flashes on screen]...it remind me of hazelnut cookies, and honey cookies, and heavenly heart-shaped cookies hot from oven." Prairie Dawn ends the imitation by attacking the H as Cookie Monster would have done, complete with unspellable gobbling noises. Of course, when she's finished, both characters are embarrassed about the whole thing...

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Yeah, I know there were quite a few. There was one where Cookie told her about the 'K' word 'cowabunga.' Though I always spelled it with a 'c.' Then there's the one with the letter Z where she gives him a plate of cookies to distract him, but he still ends up eating the 'z.' That's one of my favorites because it ends with the quote 'zoinks' made famous by Shaggy of 'Scooby-Doo.' Then there's one where he mistakes an 'O' for a cookie. Then there's another one where he imagines a letter is a cookie. There's still another one where he eats the tail off a 'q' and she thinks the letter is an 'o.' So Cookie eats it to avoid confusion. Then there's one where Prarie doesn't want him to eat the letter 'p' cookie because it's the first letter in her name, so Cookie Monster blindfolds himself so he won't see the cookie, but still he ends up eating it. And of course there was the "Letter of the Day" game this season that always ended up with him bringing out Prarie for some reason or other. I think there were about three of those so far.

ISNorden

Reaction score
I've seen only three "game show" letter segments so far (for the letters P, W, and Y). Other than the letter and the specific items Cookie fetches to win, the game is fairly predictable:

1. Cookie Monster hears a voice-over announce the game show, the rules and the prize ("lots of cookies").

2. After the clock appears onscreen, Cookie asks what the letter of the day is; the announcer names the letter, which appears in another corner of the screen.

3. Cookie's "three things that begin with the letter ___" follow the same general pattern: one food item, one non-food item (which Cookie still eats if I remember correctly, and then Prairie Dawn (who usually protests being dragged onscreen).

4. The announcer says that Cookie has made a mistake and forfeits the prize, because "girl" and/or Prairie's name begins with the wrong letter. (Of course, her name isn't a problem in the P version of the game...)

5. Cookie Monster argues that his third find should count, either because of Prairie's name (in the P clip) or the condition he found her in (wet from a shower in the W clip, yawning after he wakes her up in the Y clip). The announcer gives in, and a shower of very fake-looking cookies begins falling onto the set.