Linda Bove Appreciation Thread

Barry Lee

Reaction score
I've always liked Linda. What a great character, she as well as I are deaf but I can't do sign language because I have four fingers but I always liked Linda because she sort of related to me. We need her back.

Katzi428

Reaction score
I myself am not deaf or hearing impaired. But I like the fact that Linda was there because she showed kids that handicapped people are people too,and no one should be afraid of them. :smile:

Rosewood

Reaction score
"sign here"

We had to learn sign language at my house when we discovered my first child was deaf. He had been born at the age of 23 weeks, and they gave him a special test before he came home which declaired him completely deaf in both ears. I can give Linda the credit for the little bit of sign language I knew before that which I had learned as a child from watching SS. It helped me know how to say "I love you" as he passed away in my arms after he had been home for exactly one month.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
I asked this not long after I joined the firum but does anyone else recall Timmy? I belive she was on beginning in the late 70's and left in the mid 80s I think and was Linda's friend for I recall seeing her quite often with her. I haven't checked the IMDB board in a long time so i'm not sure she's listed and don't know the actresses name but there was 1 segment I remember that I liked where she along with Linda and Bob were teaching everyone a song called butterfly and I think it was redone in the 90s by the SS cast.

Whatever

Reaction score
DerekJ said:
...Not even the "Happy Days" episode where Fonzie had a crush on the deaf girl, and it was Linda, not Marlee?
I never saw that. Sounds cool, though.

ceecee

Reaction score
I remember an episode in Linda's apartment. Her lights flashed when somebody rang the doorbell, and someone explained to Big Bird (I think?) that since Linda couldn't hear, she had to have another way of knowing someone was at her door.

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Yeah, yeah, I'm bumping a thread that's over seven years old. Blah, blah, blah. Here's the episode of "Happy Days" that Linda guest starred on.
Thanks for sharing, Mo! I am so glad I gave myself enough time to see good old classics. :excited:

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
There was one skit that proved Linda was quite a sport. Luis was a circus ringmaster, and Linda was a performer. They were going to demonstrate "before" and "after". In the first trick Linda jumps through a hoop. We freeze-frame halfway through her jump, with Luis commenting "This is Linda BEFORE she jumps through the hoop". After her jump, and Linda lands face-first, looking quite dazed, "This is Linda AFTER she jumps through the hoop."

Next trick- Luis drops a banana peel (Can you see where this is going?). Linda steps on it, freeze-frame.
"This is Linda BEFORE she slips on a banana peel". Then she slips and lands on her duff.
"This is Linda AFTER she slips on a banana peel!"

Now for the finale "This is Linda BEFORE she gets hit with a bucket of water. (The freeze-frame of water in motion looked awesome!) BOOOSH!!!!!!!!!
Now soaking wet "This is Linda AFTER she got hit with a bucket of water!"

Luis takes his bows, then Linda comes up behind him and dumps a bucket on him. BOOOOSH!!!!
And the crowd goes wild! Too bad Linda couldn't hear the cheers, but she must've felt the vibe. :smile:

JosephW

Reaction score
I had crush on Linda when i was baby! I enjoyed buying Sesame Street magazines with pictures of Linda sign-languaging! i'm not deaf and i don't understand sign-language! i just love her pretty face!