LION KING (On Broadway TOUR)

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Well, they're coming to Memphis and I just bought 2 tickets to go see it. I'm in the 8th row Orchestra Level, on the right side of the center of the theater!

I'm excited because I LOVED Lion King, and Julie Taymor had made a musical marvel of this script with the puppets and costumes she has designed for this show!

Is anybody else in the midsouth region going to see it? Anybody seen it already? What'd you think?

FOZ

Lu775

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
Well, they're coming to Memphis and I just bought 2 tickets to go see it. I'm in the 8th row Orchestra Level, on the right side of the center of the theater!

I'm excited because I LOVED Lion King, and Julie Taymor had made a musical marvel of this script with the puppets and costumes she has designed for this show!

Is anybody else in the midsouth region going to see it? Anybody seen it already? What'd you think?

FOZ

I've seen it a couple of times and I really think you're going to enjoy yourself.
(I didn't even think the movie was all that, but the stage show is visually stunning.)
The opening number is truly breathtaking!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Lu775 said:
The opening number is truly breathtaking!
You mean...I'm not gonna DIE am I? :eek:

When I saw the movie, the animation and all the animals and the song all put me in awe, and you're not the first to tell me that the opening sequence will thrill me.

Without giving anything away, how will I appreciate the water buffalo/death of Mufasa scene, and Simba's final battle? I'm curious how they'll take care of all that. Also, are Timon and Pumbaa fun and funn-ee?

Or are you going to make me find out myself? :crazy: :confused:

Lu775

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
You mean...I'm not gonna DIE am I? :eek:

When I saw the movie, the animation and all the animals and the song all put me in awe, and you're not the first to tell me that the opening sequence will thrill me.

Without giving anything away, how will I appreciate the water buffalo/death of Mufasa scene, and Simba's final battle? I'm curious how they'll take care of all that. Also, are Timon and Pumbaa fun and funn-ee?

Or are you going to make me find out myself? :crazy: :confused:
I thought that they did the water buffalo scene really well. Technically so clever, and I really felt it was effective. You'll have to tell me your impression after you've seen it!
I thought Timon and Pumbaa were very funny. The trick will be to see who's in the touring cast. I hope that you get to see funny actors. :smile:
My best friend used to workshop the kids that played young Nala and Simba for the Toronto production. There, that's my only Lion King claim to fame. :stick_out_tongue:

radionate

Reaction score
Of I'll be seeing it at least twice. It is an amazing show, and I can't wait. I've known it was coming to Memphis for over a year, and I cannot wait!!!

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
I (finally) saw it recently here in Toronto and it was great! A spectacular show, there's nothing else quite like it. It does appear to be a little cramped on the Princess of Whales Theatre stage here (it looked too small for the show). I've heard that the tour and secondary productions (Toronto, Chicago, LA, etc.) are not quite as good as the Broadway show. Still, I hope everyone seeing the show on tour loves it!

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Does anyone know if it'll be coming to New York? (the state. not the city)

Anyway, I really loved the movie. For some reason, though, I find alot of people didn't. I think it's one of the last Disney films with truly beautiful and stunning animation. The more recent films, although the animation quality may be better, don't look good at all to me. I still can't get over the Atlantis squared off heads and fingers. I liked the animation for Atlantis, don't get me wrong. Just, Lion King was so much better. I hope Disney makes more movies that look as good as this, with the same kind of dramatic story. Also considering it's like their first ORIGINAL animated movie...

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I'm so excited!! They're showing previews for it on local TV now!!

Nate, what nights are you going? I got row H seats 111 and 112 on Nov. 30...the 6:30 or 8pm showing.

Today is the last day to pre-purchase the tickets via credit card by calling 901-743-2787 (i think) or on www.ticketmaster.com...use DISNEY FAMILY MEMBER password "simba" to get the pre-purchase!
(for Memphis Orpheum only)

Lu775

Reaction score
Super Scooter said:
Does anyone know if it'll be coming to New York? (the state. not the city)
Hi,
I just checked playbill.com, and it's doesn't look like The Lion King is touring NY state. (Possibly while it's still in NYC, they won't let it tour in the state.)

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Lu775 said:
Hi,
I just checked playbill.com, and it's doesn't look like The Lion King is touring NY state. (Possibly while it's still in NYC, they won't let it tour in the state.)
oh. ok. thanx