List of AM Monsters

Clean Glutch

Reaction score
Below is a list of AM Monsters that have appeared on Sesame Street in the early years. It is not necessarily a complete list as I have only listed monsters that have been given names.

Also, I know Mahna Mahna (Bip Bippadotta) isn't a monster, but I listed him anyway because he is a rather hairy character.

Arnold (Cookie Monster)
Gleep (Grover)
Baby Monster (Elmo)
Scudge
Mushmellon
Splurge
Beautiful Day
Mahna Mahna (Bip Bippadotta)
Snerk
Snork
Flute Snatcher
Bennett Snerf
Fenwick
Bruce
Maurice
Billy
Aristotle
Deena
Pearl
Furline Huskie
Fred
Frieda (Mona, Juliet, and Ingrid)
"We Got a Brand New Baby" Baby Monster (Baby Natasha)
HArry (Not to be confused with HErry)
Kermit the Forg (Narf)
Harvey
Leo
McDougal
Pamela
Thudge
Parker
Pino
Ricardo Monsterban
Rocky
Rosemary
Ruby
Shagri-Las
Spalding
Sherry Netherland
Stuie (Maroon and Yellow Monster who sings "Fur")
Television Monster (Telly)
Zostic
Arlene Frantic
Cereal Girl

This is just a list for now. If anyone has a question about a character, I will try to answer as soon as possible although I have been rather busy lately

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Wait a minute.

I though Anything Muppets, including monsters were called that because they didn't have propper names and quite a bit of them that you have listed did.

Clean Glutch

Reaction score
Well maybe I titled it wrong. What I meant was, that these monsters were used as background characters or minor characters but on rare occassions they were given a name and some evolved into characters we know today, like Cookie Monster, Grover, Elmo, Telly, Baby Natasha, and Ingrid (Baby Natasha's Mother).

Kind of like how The Count, Mumford, Prairie Dawn, Betty Lou, Harvey Kneeslapper, Farley, Lefty, and a bunch of other characters have names and personalities but they are made from AMs.

Clean Glutch

Reaction score
One monster i will identify for now is Billy. He is the small pink monster in the background in C is for Cookie. That one might be good for people to know as I have seen some people confused as to who that monster was.

dwmckim

Reaction score
When i see the term "AM Monsters", i tend to think of that as describing some of the early Sesame Street monsters that were actually built around the Anything Muppet heads by adding fur and monster bits (look at the monsters in the What's My Part sketch from episode 131 on Old School 1 as a reference)

Drtooth

Reaction score
"Forg" and Narf are actually completely different, as you can see:

Forg

Narf

Forg has a larger, longer nose, and a much, much thinner top of the head, like a cone. While Narf does have a slight cylindrical shape.

There is another monster that looks like Narf, but with darker, browner fur.

xochval15

Reaction score
I know shes not a monster, but what about "Rodeo Rosie"?