Little bird

ISNorden

Reaction score
They must have reverted to the default picture (for any forum using the same software as this one). Since Muppet Central went down for maintenance today, I'm not surprised that some little glitches are still here.

BEAR

Reaction score
Dil said:
Little Bird was the rebuilded version of the Kenner Gooney Bird, the mascot of Kenner Easy Bake Ovens.

I think the Kenner Bird, but not Little Bird, appeared in the 'Pick Your Pet' Gameshow.
That sketch also featured a surprise SS appearance by Baskerville the Hound.
Don't believe me? Watch this clip:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vDuHtMqMkA&search=Pick%20Your%20Pet

WHoa! That was back when Guy Smiley had the name Sonny Friendly. Before he changed his name and then another game show host named Sonny Friendly came along.
The Little Bird character is being voiced in this by Jim Henson and not Fran Brill.
Also, the little girl contestant called Lucy is the Betty Lou puppet.

JoeyMuppet

Reaction score
If anyone has a question about Kenner/Little Bird's voice.Well from 1968-1969 Jim did his voice,then from 1970 to present Fran Brill did the voice.Also I think Frank did Betty Lou's voice in that sketch.

Java

Reaction score
Most of the memories I have of little bird are from the books that my Mom had for us (I'm going to get those someday . . .)

JoeyMuppet

Reaction score
As far as I know,I don't think Jerry did Little Bird.I'm pretty sure the only muppeteers who did that character were Jim Henson 1968-69,and Fran Brill from 1970 - 1999.

Tim

Reaction score
Hey! I did Little Bird in "The Muppet Movie"! You can see him/her on the extreme right of the "rainbow" group. The little spot of yellow against black and just below the bright pink Snowths-that's L.B..

One thing..I found out why he/she couldn't fly very well. The inside of the body is a thick, heavy ard plastic-type of material and weighed a ton!