1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Little Muppet Monsters on Youtube

Discussion in 'Muppet Babies' started by md14bulls, Jun 3, 2009.

1. md14bulls

md14bulls New Member

Sorry, don't know if this is the category to put this post in but I happen to have all three episodes of Little Muppet Monsters that aired after Muppet Babies for that short time. I had seen someone had posted only the first episode on youtube, so I figured I would convert and upload my copy of the second and third. Episode 2 is up, and when I have time later in this evening, I'll work on Episode 3. For those interested:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pChZgbqsakQ

And sorry, this was my first ever need to upload to youtube( more of a watcher of videos :)) so I guess I should have put each part in a video response to the previous. Oh well just click on the rest of my videos for the other parts. Enjoy.

And if there is a better place for this post, feel free to move it. :)
  2. Wow. I'm surprised no one is talking about this.

Thank you so much for posting! I knew more than two episodes had aired, contrary to what many were saying. I was positive I saw the Great Boodini (Episode 3 - which is also posted - just check his list of videos on YouTube) when I was younger. Now I know I'm not just deluding myself!

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
  3. MuppetDanny

MuppetDanny Well-Known Member

Cool md14bulls!
  4. zns

zns Well-Known Member

I have my own channel as well (under the username 654zns), and I enjoy watching videos mostly as well. But anyway, those episodes are great. Although it's fairly obvious why the show was pulled away so quickly, there're still a lot of fun to watch. I don't know if I should ask you this, but where did you find those episodes anyway?
  5. bazooka_beak

bazooka_beak Active Member

I am also curious as to how you found them!

But thanks so much for sharing!
  6. md14bulls

md14bulls New Member

Well, see as a young child I was naturally obsessed with muppet stuff and well when the Muppet Babies debuted I was 4 years old and watched every saturday morning of course. Then that next year when I was 5, the very loosely Catholic parents of mine, had me start CCD (for those not familar, that's what Catholics call their religious education, sunday school style classes). And the horror that our parishes CCD classes were on Saturday mornings! Right during Muppet Babies! So somehow, either I begged, or I have nice parents or a nice brother, they started taping episodes for me on those mornings I would miss them. And voila! These got taped too! So basically I just have them on my collection of Muppet Babies that I dusted off again for my children to watch.

So I find it funny that I have people suscribing to my youtube stuff, thinking I have more good stuff to upload. They must think I'm some old lady rummaging through some former employees basement or something! :) Unless of course anyone is interested in a tape I have of some Rainbow Brite, My little Pony and some other wonderful girly 80's cartoons!:D
  7. Muppetplus

Muppetplus New Member

Awesome find! More and more rare finds just keeps showing up these days.
  8. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

I just watched the second episode, Space Cowboys. It's interesting that both of the clips shown in Eight Flags over the Nursery are from the same episode. I would have expected them to have been from seperate episodes, but at least the clips weren't from unaired episodes, so we can see how they end (the ending for the Kermit, P.I. segment was unexpected and feels incomplete).

It's great that the raggmopps were reused, I wasn't expecting the cameo from Floyd and Janice (I especially was surprised that Floyd talked. I didn't think Jerry Nelson was invovled with the series), and after reading about it a few tiems it was great to see how Beaker looked when he smiled (which was weird, but at least he's frown-mouthed most of the time).
  9. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing these long lost classics. Again, I know Jim didn't think the show was that good of an idea, but I really wish they kept the monster muppet characters for future projects... and that they used the cartoon segments somewhere else.

Now that we have all three aired episodes up, the only thing I wanna see is the Gonzo animated sequence. Too bad that the rest of these tapes are lost forever. But at least we got to see the Bunsen and Beaker segment. I noticed that Beaker sounds like Richard Hunt, and he also narrated the Animal Sports segments as well.
  10. minor muppetz

We don't know that. I figure that they are still in existience, perhaps in the vaults at either Henson or Disney.
  11. minor muppetz

I noticed that the opening for episode three features a clip from a Muppet Labs cartoon, yet that part of the opening was not in the first two episodes.

A lot of it was good, yet also awkward. I don't think the Fozzie comedy class segments would have lasted. All three broadcast segments feature chicken jokes. The Gonzo segments are also a bit weird.

The Kermit, P.I. segments are good, yet I wish they featured more characters besides Kermit, Fozzie, and Piggy. Only three aired, so it's possible that other Muppets appeared in future segments.
  12. Drtooth

Well, we only got to see three of them... And that first episode featured a rare character... Banana Nose.

I'm sure there are copies floating around Henson and maybe some of the people who worked on the show... would be funny if Toei had all the original animated sequences in the back of their vaults... Some of these odd things that weren't meant to see daylight actually get leaked somehow on the internet. I remember someone getting the rare live action pilot to AstroBoy (before they decided to make it a cartoon) online... and even the original creators disavowed it.

So who knows... someday, somehow, they might just turn up. Even if in script or layout form.
  13. minor muppetz

Yeah, there are quite a few Henson productions that were never broadcast or released commercially that fans have somehow gotten copies of, such as the uncut version of the first Sesame Street test pilot, The Jim Henson Hour "Inner Tube" pilot, a test pilot for the unproduced Muppet Show planned to be made by Fox back in 2002, a few industrial films form the 1960s, the original edit of the Sesame Street pitch reel... Hmm, I was thinking there was more unaired/ released stuff that fans somehow have copies of, but I wonder how the fans got copies of them in the first place.

And there are also things that fans have copies of that were only broadcast back when VCRs either weren't invented or weren't common to have (I guess in some cases people just pointed film cameras to the TV sets). Things like This Way to Sesame Street, the uncut first episode of Sesame Street, the Sesame Street new mexico episodes from season 7, The Great Santa Claus Switch, and stuff that has been released commercially in recent years that the fans have had for longer periods of time.
  14. Drtooth

I really wish some fan somehow stumbled upon the remaining episodes, but I don't think anyone has them. I wonder if they just tossed them or something. I don't think Jim or anyone there would have done that, but I hear horror stories of wiping videotapes to reuse them, losing footage forever.

I want to at least see some scripts and story outlines pop up somewhere so muppetwiki could add them. Speaking of which... Muppet wiki has information about the 3 episodes and titles for 13 unaired episodes.
  15. Kermieuk

Kermieuk Well-Known Member

Hi,

I have never heard of this?

test pilot for the unproduced Muppet Show planned to be made by Fox back in 2002

Anyone have any info or a link, is it on youtube?

PS, Thanks so much for adding these tapes onto youtube, it great to see the Missing two episodes.

Chris UK
  16. BlueFrackle

BlueFrackle Active Member

Segments of all 13 episodes were taped, but not all of the linking footage with Tug, Molly and Boo. So not all 13 episodes exist - just bits of them.
  17. muppet baby

muppet baby Active Member

I never missed a Muppet babies episode when it first aired , i set my alarm clock on Saturday morning so i would make sure that i was up in time to see it .

I say all that to say i do not know how i missed all the episodes of this show , i guess as soon as Muppet babies was over i changed the channel LOL .

I wish i saw this as a kid i know i would have liked , watched one segment on the You tube link i really like it , i am going to watch all the rest that is there on You tube . Is there any way that some of the episode where persevered enough to , to make a DVD release of the eposides that where made ?

I say that because there are tv show DVD sets that are out there that have a complte series release , that are only 13 eposdes and less .

It would be worth it to have this out on DVD it is very well done .

I like the theme song to the show , i love how it is simular to the Muppet Babies theme this is a great show .:)
  18. Drtooth

Very interesting revelation. I wonder if they ever thought just to use the animated segments and integrate them into Muppet Babies episodes (similar to what they did on "Eight Flags over the Nursery," but sort of more like The Brown Hornet on Fat Albert).
  19. muppet baby

muppet baby Active Member

I love that thought Dr tooth , that would have been neat to see that i mean those segments link into Muppet babies eposibdes .

I hope that they do put some of the muppet monsters onto dvd or blu ray in some way maybe if a DVD or Blu ray is ever realesed of Muppet babies maybe over time with those sets they could realease the eposdies that are still around as part of the bonus footage .;)