Little things we've noticed

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Disney said it couldn't keep doing the Muppet Morsels subtitle tracks on TMS Seasons 2 and 3 on DVD because it was "too hard," yet SEINFELD didn't seem to have any problems doing the same thing for every single episode from every season on DVD with their Notes About Nothing subtitle tracks.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Disney said it couldn't keep doing the Muppet Morsels subtitle tracks on TMS Seasons 2 and 3 on DVD because it was "too hard," yet SEINFELD didn't seem to have any problems doing the same thing for every single episode from every season on DVD with their Notes About Nothing subtitle tracks.
Well, they were different companies producing the sets and different people writing up the facts. Of course it's been so long since TMS season 3 has been released that there should have been plenty of time by now to make them for seasons 4 and 5.

The Simpsons had a fact track on one episode in the third season (and one of my least favorite episodes at that), and never did that again (though they do continue to put commentaries on each episode). A fact track was also done with Sesame Street: 40 Years of Sunny Days, I had hoped it'd be at the same rate as TMS season one but there are long gaps where there aren't any pop-up facts.

I remember when the first season came out, I was hoping Muppet Morsels would be a trend on all future Muppet DVDs (not just TMS). Then again, I can't think of many DVD releases that include a fact track (mainly just all that I've mentioned here).

DMHFan

Reaction score
Well, they were different companies producing the sets and different people writing up the facts. Of course it's been so long since TMS season 3 has been released that there should have been plenty of time by now to make them for seasons 4 and 5.

The Simpsons had a fact track on one episode in the third season (and one of my least favorite episodes at that), and never did that again (though they do continue to put commentaries on each episode). A fact track was also done with Sesame Street: 40 Years of Sunny Days, I had hoped it'd be at the same rate as TMS season one but there are long gaps where there aren't any pop-up facts.

I remember when the first season came out, I was hoping Muppet Morsels would be a trend on all future Muppet DVDs (not just TMS). Then again, I can't think of many DVD releases that include a fact track (mainly just all that I've mentioned here).
Or you know what else they could do for the DVD releases of seasons 4 and 5? Audio commentaries with Frank Oz, Dave Goelz, and Steve Whitmire.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Or you know what else they could do for the DVD releases of seasons 4 and 5? Audio commentaries with Frank Oz, Dave Goelz, and Steve Whitmire.
I wonder how likely Disney is at this time to want to ask Whitmire to participate in something for the Muppets (though I don't doubt he'd take the opportunity).

DMHFan

Reaction score
I wonder how likely Disney is at this time to want to ask Whitmire to participate in something for the Muppets (though I don't doubt he'd take the opportunity).
Why not? He did work for seasons 4 and 5 of TMS.

MWoO

Reaction score
Cause they fired and stripped him of his ability to perform characters he did for decades.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Far as I'm concerned, Disney and the Henson family want nothing to do with Steve Whitmire anymore, so I doubt they would even let him come back for commentaries.

DMHFan

Reaction score
Far as I'm concerned, Disney and the Henson family want nothing to do with Steve Whitmire anymore, so I doubt they would even let him come back for commentaries.
I guess Louise Gold and Kathryn Mullen will have to take his place, or maybe Chris Langham. (But I guess it'll be Kathy since Louise and Chris are in the UK and too busy to fly to the USA to do commentaries)