Local stations playing classic Sesame

Clean Glutch

Reaction score
Anyone this lucky? Back when I had basic cable we had a station called PSB ThinkBright which I believe is only available in New York state. I remember a couple times seeing some classic Sesame Street episodes although I'm fuzzy as to when they came on. It was kind of interesting to flip through the channels to all of a sudden come across a classic Sesame Street episode.

It was kind of a relief for me because I didn't have DirecTV and this was back when Noggin still played classic Sesame Street.

Now I have DirecTV and my only source for classic Sesame is PBS Kids Sprout when they air Play with Me Sesame.

Anyone else ever have classic Sesame Street air on their local PBS stations or am the only one?

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I wouldn't think so. Heck, I jealous of you since you have Sprout. The episodes they show are the ones I most remember and haven't seen them in years.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
There's no way any of the individual stations would be showing older SS shows from the past. After all, all PBS affiliate take what is distributed to them.

ssetta

Reaction score
Do you remember exactly how long ago this was when you had this channel? And about how old were these episodes?

Redsonga

Reaction score
I wish PBS would play reruns on weekends..back when I was little they use to show very old episodes all the time :frown:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I wish PBS would play reruns on weekends..back when I was little they use to show very old episodes all the time :frown:
You know? I remember them doing that because I rememebr seeing a lot of episodes and I should be way too young to even remember.

ssetta

Reaction score
You know, I'm actually wondering if WGBH in Boston did the same thing. I know they never aired old episodes of SS nationally, but I do remember sometimes during pledge drives when they would air the special 50-minute pledge episodes, sometimes they WOULD air episodes from previous years. I remember they did that a few times during Season 24 (1992-93), where they would air pledge episodes from Season 23. That was actually extra special, because it felt so good to hear that old soothing theme.

OldSchoolFan

Reaction score
You know? I remember them doing that because I rememebr seeing a lot of episodes and I should be way too young to even remember.
hey i think i might have too, now that you mention it. vaguely though. but i THINK i might have actually seen an episode with Hal Miller as Gordon.

anyways, the only station here that plays old school Sesame Street is the spanish channel, cuz they show vintage clips on Plaza Sesamo. unfortunetley theyre not in english. i usually just watch them and then look up the skits on youtube to see what was being said! :big_grin: but this is only if i happen to be up at 6 AM and there's nothing else to do.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
well, I remember then airing a bunch of different episodes from the 80's in specific. But I don't know how far back they went...