1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

location?

Discussion in 'Sesame Street' started by Fraggle Lover, Dec 5, 2004.

1. Fraggle Lover

Fraggle Lover New Member

Where exactly is sesame street located? (LOL)! :smirk:
  2. Dantecat

Dantecat Active Member

It's Filmed In Queens New York! ;)
  3. GeeBee

GeeBee New Member

I think it's supposed to be in New York within the context of the show as well. However, the street seems to get more individual attention and have more people living on it than any other street in the world. It sometimes seems to be treated more like a city. Like during the hurricane episode; it was the first time I had ever seen the weatherman predict that a hurricane was going to hit a single street. LOL
  4. muppetmayhem

muppetmayhem Member

There is a place in pennsylvania called Sesame Place and it looks like it could be the real place, however, it is not
  5. Pug Lover

Pug Lover New Member

A lot of the old brownstone buildings throughout New York City look remarkabley like Sesame Street.It's obvious where the set designers got their inspiration from.
  6. Kimp the Shrimp

Kimp the Shrimp Active Member

sEASAME PLACE IS A AMUSEMENT PARK FOR TOODLERS
  7. zanimum

zanimum New Member

Joan Ganz Cooney and CTW's original goal was to reach inner-city viewers, particularly those in New York.

In the 1980s and 1990s, the crew visited MOMA, Central Park, and a history museum.

Actually, in the first season that the Mail-It Shop was open, Sesame Street's ZIP CODE flashed on the screen. I've since lost the episode, and the paper recording that ZIP, but if anyone has that season taped...!!!???
  8. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

i don't know where you got your information. SS was targeted at innercity children nationwide and not just NYC and there was no Mail or Fix it shop the 1st season.
  9. GeeBee

GeeBee New Member

Zanimum didn't say that the Mail-It-Shop was open in the first season; Zanimum said the first season THAT the Mail-It-Shop was open, Sesame Street's zip code was flashed on the screen.
  10. Dantecat

Dantecat Active Member

Kimp,Sesame Place Is Just A Themepark Made For All Ages Since The Mid Or Late 90's.When It Was Brand New Back In 1980,It Was Just So Small And Now It Just Came A Very Big Theme Park Because They Have Most Of The Water Rides Made For Big Kids Like Sky Splash And A Lot Others,They Have Big Bird's Balloon Race For Big Kids,And They Also Have A Couple More Other Stuff Made For Big Kids So That's Why It's Just Made For All Ages And They Certainly To Have Some Stuff Made For Little Kids Like:Little's Birds Bird Bath,Ernie's Bed Bounce,And At Least Some Other Stuff Too! You Get The Point? :)
  11. Kimp the Shrimp

Kimp the Shrimp Active Member

yeah i've been there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Many a Time

Next Thing you will tell me that Story Time Village in EHT, NJ is for Adults Too