location?

Censored

Reaction score
I think it's supposed to be in New York within the context of the show as well. However, the street seems to get more individual attention and have more people living on it than any other street in the world. It sometimes seems to be treated more like a city. Like during the hurricane episode; it was the first time I had ever seen the weatherman predict that a hurricane was going to hit a single street. LOL

muppetmayhem

Reaction score
There is a place in pennsylvania called Sesame Place and it looks like it could be the real place, however, it is not

Pug Lover

Reaction score
A lot of the old brownstone buildings throughout New York City look remarkabley like Sesame Street.It's obvious where the set designers got their inspiration from.

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
muppetmayhem said:
There is a place in pennsylvania called Sesame Place and it looks like it could be the real place, however, it is not

sEASAME PLACE IS A AMUSEMENT PARK FOR TOODLERS

zanimum

Reaction score
Pug Lover said:
A lot of the old brownstone buildings throughout New York City look remarkabley like Sesame Street.It's obvious where the set designers got their inspiration from.
Joan Ganz Cooney and CTW's original goal was to reach inner-city viewers, particularly those in New York.

In the 1980s and 1990s, the crew visited MOMA, Central Park, and a history museum.

Actually, in the first season that the Mail-It Shop was open, Sesame Street's ZIP CODE flashed on the screen. I've since lost the episode, and the paper recording that ZIP, but if anyone has that season taped...!!!???

mikebennidict

Reaction score
i don't know where you got your information. SS was targeted at innercity children nationwide and not just NYC and there was no Mail or Fix it shop the 1st season.

Censored

Reaction score
mikebennidict said:
i don't know where you got your information. SS was targeted at innercity children nationwide and not just NYC and there was no Mail or Fix it shop the 1st season.
Zanimum didn't say that the Mail-It-Shop was open in the first season; Zanimum said the first season THAT the Mail-It-Shop was open, Sesame Street's zip code was flashed on the screen.

Dantecat

Reaction score
Kimp,Sesame Place Is Just A Themepark Made For All Ages Since The Mid Or Late 90's.When It Was Brand New Back In 1980,It Was Just So Small And Now It Just Came A Very Big Theme Park Because They Have Most Of The Water Rides Made For Big Kids Like Sky Splash And A Lot Others,They Have Big Bird's Balloon Race For Big Kids,And They Also Have A Couple More Other Stuff Made For Big Kids So That's Why It's Just Made For All Ages And They Certainly To Have Some Stuff Made For Little Kids Like:Little's Birds Bird Bath,Ernie's Bed Bounce,And At Least Some Other Stuff Too! You Get The Point? :smile: