Long John Silvers says "Adios" to Pepe

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Jamie...

Originally posted by frogboy4
As long as you don't grow an ear of corn, it's cool by me. LOL!
In honor of our Muppety friendship, I have decided to stay away from corn, and with the help of Dr. Scholl's corn remover, I shall succeed.

FOZ

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Jamie-

If being corny is okay, I should be PRESIDENT!! I'm the King of Corn.

FOZ

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Is that anything like The Pumpkin King? There was a late evening I spent once (a very long time ago) when I kept shouting that I was The Pumpkin King. LOL!

sidcrowe

Reaction score
So now it's all coming out......nobody here ate the stuff! LOL!

Persoanlly. I've always found the notion of a critter happily promoting its own slaughter to be beyond stupid. I remember years ago Saturday Night Live did a parody ad for a chicken restaurant featuring a cartoon chicken taking people through the entire killing-butchering-frying process. It made a lot of sense.

Anyway, I'm still getting used to the new board. Can we post replies directed to ONE person, or merely the entire thread? This text entry field goes horizontally right off my iMac screen.

Again, for Pepe... "how can we resist?"

Easily, now!

Adios, LJS!

-CAW!

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You reply to a thread not necessarily to a person. If you want to address a particular person, put their name at the first of the message, so they can see it next time the read this discussion.

beaker

Reaction score
to: frogboy and sidcroew

hmm, this format is kinda cool, can address more than one person:

frogboy: Yeah, im just a regular vegetarian now. cant be a vegan yet(still need my cheese now and then) Im a Californian, but not nessesarily a Californian vegetaian if that includes foul and sea.
(odd cuz Ive never liked foul or seafood) YEsterday I walked like a bazillion miles around santa cruz and only had a couple vegetarian burritos...so all is good on the diet front.

sidcroew: 'Crunchety Chicken' from SNL. that had to be one of the most disturbing SNL tv satires ever. I remember I havent eaten chicken since seeing that. Well that and I love all birds, even the ugly ones. So yeah, a animal spokes mascot promoting its own demise is pretty oxymoronish...but! I have to make an exception with Pepe, as it was too cute seeing him on tv...plus they never had prawns. *sigh* I wonder whats next for Pepe besides the labonte race car?

///beaker///

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
Veggies

I'm a vegetarian too. (I agree with Beaker-- can't do the vegan thing; cheese is good, but ice cream is essential!) Haven't eaten meat in almost 15 years. And I definitely feel better than I did when I ate meat (grew up on McDonalds-- at least 5 times a week when I was a kid).

About protein-- you probably know this, but non-meat forms of protein are more digestible and thus you get more protein with less food.

Yes, using animals to promote the eating of animals is really bizarre. But so are close-ups of cooking flesh when you stop to think about it. Did anyone see the commerical for a fast food chicken place that showed the legs of a bird doing a striptease? I don't remember the name of the place, but the legs were made to look like Big Bird. Truly grotesque-- implying that we should eat Big Bird! (It was funny when the Swedish Chef did it in Muppet Family Christmas, but that had a completely different feel to it)

I am disapointed about the Pepe plush-- I'm gunna have to get back to work on the one I was designing. Maybe Igel will come out with one soon....

Didn't Brian Henson say something at MuppetFest about hoping the quality of the LJS commercials improved? Ya think Henson may have pulled Pepe because they weren't happy with the commercials?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
SID!!!

Good to see you made it! It wasn't right without you. As for Pepe and LJS - good riddence anyway. I never found it right for a Muppet to peddle what I find to be toxic waste. LOL! You know me, healthnutty guy. Big Bird supporting "Buckle-up" Chevy ads was one thing (and that even creeped me out a little) and Piggy promoting Lays and British Airways is one thing, but LJS? Kind of icky from the get go.

As for you question of direct reply - alas that is one of the few weaknesses here. But you've gotta like the logo! Hint Hint! Even though it has some lower case in it. LOL! Wondered why I jumped in that debate a while ago huh? Crazy me.

Hope to see you around here and I hope your Mac fares better with the board in the future. Just kiddin, dude. You know I had to get a Mac-jab in there somewhere. LOL! Could the problem be with your settings?

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Jack the Pumpking King-

Originally posted by frogboy4
Is that anything like The Pumpkin King? There was a late evening I spent once (a very long time ago) when I kept shouting that I was The Pumpkin King. LOL!
I LOVE the Nightmare Before Christmas!! I was trying to lose weight so I could be like Jack, then I remembered something VERY important about him that suddenly didn't appeal to me...

HE'S DEAD!!!

So, I quit wanting to be like him.

Later,
FOZ