Looking for instructions and suppliers?

SillyPoet

Reaction score
I love to make costumes and stuffed animals, but a puppet has a bit more construction- and I can't seem to find any books but the Foam Book for making odd muppet-like characters. I was hoping for something a bit more profesional looking with eyelids and moving eyebrows and such. I loved the realistic looking dog with the grey and white fur (I think it also had feathers to look like fur), and I LOVE Animal! I was also interested in making a body costume/puppet- much like Sweetums.

There is only one problem- I have no instructions on how to do any of this, nor do i have any idea what supplies are involved, so I have no suppliers either.

Can someone help me?

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Well the foam book is pretty much the only resource of it's kind, unless you count the puppet building videos by Grey Seal and Arms Length Productions. Puppets For Goodness Sake sells a good starter puppet pattern (you can email them at puppets4gs@aol.com) but if you want to do all of the advanced stuff like moving eyes, etc. you are probably going to have to do some research and pull together info from different sources.

It is probably a good idea to start with a search of the forum here (search under "puppet building") posts or links already here probably contain most of the information you are looking for. You can also refer to this thread, in which someone else recently asked the same type of question.

SillyPoet

Reaction score
Thank you!

Buck-Beaver said:
Well the foam book is pretty much the only resource of it's kind, unless you count the puppet building videos by Grey Seal and Arms Length Productions. Puppets For Goodness Sake sells a good starter puppet pattern (you can email them at puppets4gs@aol.com) but if you want to do all of the advanced stuff like moving eyes, etc. you are probably going to have to do some research and pull together info from different sources.

It is probably a good idea to start with a search of the forum here (search under "puppet building") posts or links already here probably contain most of the information you are looking for. You can also refer to this thread, in which someone else recently asked the same type of question.

Thank you SO much! Your links will help me a lot! :smile: