Looking for the episode number...

ISNorden

Reaction score
Originally posted in a Sesame Street fan group on Facebook; I figured that more people here might be able to track this episode down. It was definitely pre-Elmo's World (full hour, two letters/one number, Zoe as main character, no memory of any shows-within-a-show).

========

There was another episode centered on a doll whose head kept popping off whenever Zoe did ballet jumps with it; despite several repairs by the adults, Zoe's insistence on playing the same way (with the same conequences) became a running gag all day . This was definitely not [Episode 3273, focused on Betty Lou's doll]; I remember one final pop-off when Zoe included her doll in the sponsor announcements. She gave it six kisses for the number 6 -- no problem. She gave it a "love" hug for the letter L -- no problem. But when Zoe chose to do one last "jump" with that doll, to illustrate the letter J? You guessed it! **facepalm**

ISNorden

Reaction score
Thank you! I'm so ashamed of myself for remembering major details wrongly. Betty Lou had two unrelated "doll episodes" (one that had her teaching sponsors with the doll, one that didn't) and she played that roughly with the thing? Wow, no wonder I thought that was a Zoe story; all that jumping reminded me of ballet.

ISNorden

Reaction score
Now that the mystery of the self-decapitating doll is solved, can someone please help me number another episode? I'm unsure of when it aired (probably the late 80s/early 90s) and recall only the main plot: when Maria gets a headache, the Count tries to help by suggesting various remedies. At first Maria appreciates the suggestions, trying some of them; but she soon suspects that the Count is more interested in enumerating the cures he knows than in offering real help. She sends him away crankily, not believing his protests of innocence; the Count laments to the viewers that his trouble with Maria is "one, ONE unhappy misunderstanding". Because this is Sesame Street, the episode obviously ends with the characters making up (although I forget how). Does anybody know which one this was?