Looking for the loose Ostrich Feather

Show and Tell

Reaction score
Does anyone have a link to ostrich feathers that are not in a boa? Actually I need feathers in boas and also not in boas. I've seen lots of long ostrich feathers that people have used for a tuft of hair for monsters. They flow very nicely. I can't seem to find it anywhere in the archives.

Show and Tell

Reaction score
Well not exactly what I was looking for. I need more of a strand than a whole feather. (If that makes any sence)

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
you will not find them that way , u will ahve to make the tufts yourself, but hey do sell inividual plumes instead of a whole boa,

any thing with feather like that on a muppet is done by hand, all the feather on Snuffy, or Alice, or any other muppet like that are taken from full boas, or plumes and glues in individualy,

thier are no easy ways around somethings

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Thanks for that info, Ravagefrackle! I've been struggling with this feather thing for YEARS. I thought they sold the individual feathers that way.

As a matter of fact, I've been struggling with a decision to buy the Nondu feathers to see if that was what I needed to use:
http://www.americanplume.com/Nondlndv.asp

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
the nondo ones are shaped, and trimmed,

the other are normal plumes dyed different colors, same thing the boas are made of