Lord Chatterly and "Alphabet Chat"

Censored

Reaction score
I remember him. Somehow the set-up for interruptions and aggravation didn't seem to work as well as it had with the more classical sketches, like Kermit and Cookie Monster.

BooberFraggless

Reaction score
I remember the L, R, and O ones being around in the 80's (obviously they were originally from the 70's) But the B and H ones were actually later ones that were made in the early 90's when this series was revived. It was changed to were Mr. Chatterly no longer flipped out and screamed at the end of the shows. I was actually kind of glad in a way because as a kid it used to scare me to death sometimes seeing him loose it like that. I was too little to understand what was going on and I would get very frightened. Apparantley without the screaming and loosing his temper the "New" Alphabet chat never worked out.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
GeeBee said:
I remember him. Somehow the set-up for interruptions and aggravation didn't seem to work as well as it had with the more classical sketches, like Kermit and Cookie Monster.
how do you know they didn't work?

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
It was changed to were Mr. Chatterly no longer flipped out and screamed at the end of the shows. I was actually kind of glad in a way because as a kid it used to scare me to death sometimes seeing him loose it like that. I was too little to understand what was going on and I would get very frightened. Apparantley without the screaming and loosing his temper the "New" Alphabet chat never worked out.
Ah ha! I knew I couldn't be the only one! I remember Chatterly freaking out when the interruption came about, which in turn, freaked me out! :concern:

(By the way, the name is probably based on the real Lord and Lady Chatterly- just happened to see a book about her in Barnes and Noble tonight)

Censored

Reaction score
mikebennidict said:
how do you know they didn't work?
Read it again. I said it "didn't SEEM to work", as in my opinion and also as in the fact that the skits didn't last very long.

Censored

Reaction score
BooberFraggless said:
I remember the L, R, and O ones being around in the 80's (obviously they were originally from the 70's) But the B and H ones were actually later ones that were made in the early 90's when this series was revived. It was changed to were Mr. Chatterly no longer flipped out and screamed at the end of the shows. I was actually kind of glad in a way because as a kid it used to scare me to death sometimes seeing him loose it like that. I was too little to understand what was going on and I would get very frightened. Apparantley without the screaming and loosing his temper the "New" Alphabet chat never worked out.
I think it had something to do with the timing. Skits where Bert, Kermit, and others lost their temper seemed to have a proper build up and sequence of events. This guy seemed to just fall apart too easily.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
GeeBee said:
Read it again. I said it "didn't SEEM to work", as in my opinion and also as in the fact that the skits didn't last very long.
well if they didn't seem to work them why were they repeated long after they were made? I myself recall seeing them up untill the 1980s.

Censored

Reaction score
mikebennidict said:
well if they didn't seem to work them why were they repeated long after they were made? I myself recall seeing them up untill the 1980s.

Go back and read what I said again.

The skits did not last as long as other skits.

My opinion: They did not seem to work.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
GonzoLeaper said:
Ah ha! I knew I couldn't be the only one! I remember Chatterly freaking out when the interruption came about, which in turn, freaked me out! :concern:

(By the way, the name is probably based on the real Lord and Lady Chatterly- just happened to see a book about her in Barnes and Noble tonight)
never heard of them.