Lord of the Rings

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Amazing Mumford said:
So, will the extended edition have the entire scouring of the Shire sequence or just an abbreviated version with Saruman's death? As I said before, I've never enjoyed that part of the book but it makes sense to show what happens to Saruman--especially if one takes in all three films collectively. I'll have to check that out next fall though.
From what I understand there will be no scouring of the shire at all. An alternate ending for Saruman was filmed, and that's what will be in the extended edition.
Erin

Whatever

Reaction score
He gets shot out of a cannon- no wait, that's the Zukini brothers.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
I think it has something to do with his being impaled... :eek: From what I gather, nothing remotely like what happened to him in the book, though I wouldn't be surprised if it still involves Wormtongue.
Erin

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
I've read conflicting things about this, but I believe it takes place at the beginning of RotK when Gandalf arrives at Isengard. He somehow "deals" with Saruman - robbing him of his powers - but it's ultimately Wormtongue that does him in.

jediX

Reaction score
I wonder how/if they hack off Grima since...
LOTR:ROTK-'Scouring of the Shire' said:
...three Hobbit bows twanged and Wormtongue fell dead
...can't happen, since Pippin & Merry are the only Hobbits at Eisengard. That definately is quite a way to go, though :wink:

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Yeah, it will be interesting to see. Though I suppose if Grima kills Saruman at Isengard there'll be humans around who could do Grima in. Or maybe he'll get to scamper off free... I doubt that. Squashed by an ent, perhaps? :stick_out_tongue:
Erin

Whatever

Reaction score
Don'tLiveonMoon said:
I think it has something to do with his being impaled... :eek:
He gets shot out of a cannon and lands on top of the Sword in the Stone, cutting through his heart...

jediX

Reaction score
Don'tLiveonMoon said:
Yeah, it will be interesting to see. Though I suppose if Grima kills Saruman at Isengard there'll be humans around who could do Grima in. Or maybe he'll get to scamper off free... I doubt that. Squashed by an ent, perhaps? :stick_out_tongue:
Erin
Unless they have him kill himself perhaps.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Here's a picture of my brother's hobbit hole! http://csweb.bd.psu.edu/rlm/nathan/hobbitHole.jpg We nabbed Gandalf from atop my dad's birthday cake from last year. You can't quite see the whole hole from this angle - he's got a couple doors and windows on the sides and such - but it gives you a pretty general idea. It's the model for my eventual dwelling-place... :halo:
Erin