Loss on Christmas Eve

hdofu

Reaction score
Sorry if this is the wrong forum or such but this has been a pretty tragic Christmas Eve, in fact my Grandmother's last one. Sorry to be depressed on what should be the one of most joyful days of the year but this has been a real rotten end to the day. I wrote a poem after I heard the news in an effor to cope, still feel pretty numb though. :frown:

The Rain on Tuesday - 12/24/2002

The sky was blue,
Not a cloud in sight,
But this was untrue,
Clouds dawned near night.
Rain fell down,
A century ended early,
In the sea she drowned,
She’s off to gates a pearly.
Tragedy this now be,
On Christmas Eve this Tuesday
When a branch broke off the tree
On what should be a good day.
Tis peace I hope she find,
Now lacking pain to bind,
In a world where we are blind,
Until my life to me is behind.
:embarrassed:

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by hdofu
Sorry if this is the wrong forum or such but this has been a pretty tragic Christmas Eve, in fact my Grandmother's last one. Sorry to be depressed on what should be the one of most joyful days of the year but this has been a real rotten end to the day. I wrote a poem after I heard the news in an effor to cope, still feel pretty numb though.
Oh no hdofu, if anything this is the safest place to post personal things online...I can truly symphathizeand feel your deep loss today. My gm passes away a few years ago, so I know. However that was a few years ago so I cannot begin to feel how you are feeling right now. Indeed, here I am complaining how frustrated in life I am...I Can understand how solem it is for you and what your going through right now. Please feel free to post whatever your feeling, as whenever someone in the MC community feels a loss were theere for them.

Btw, your tribute through words is quite moving...

hdofu

Reaction score
I never really new her that well, but she was really close to my dad, and this has been very rough on him. I knew this day was coming but I really wish it had not happened now. My father has been through so much for her. I don't know if anyone was hit harder then him today. I really wish I could be more there for him.

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
hdoful, I am so sorry to hear about your loss...

I hope that you and your family will be able to find strength and peace during this time, and please tell your father that your new friends here will be praying for him, your family, and everyone affected by your grandmother's passing.

I know I will certainly be remembering you all and especially your dad in my prayers.

*hugs*,

Byron

EmmyMik

Reaction score
I can understand what you're going through. Earlier this year the only grandmother I knew passed away. I never really knew her all that well, but it was very hard on my grandfather and my dad. Last Monday was my grandmother's birthday, so I was thinking about her.

While we can't say anything to really take the pain away, just know that we're all here if you need to talk!

hdofu

Reaction score
Thanks everyone, I really appreciate your concern, I know it will be rough for a while, but time heals all wounds. Sometimes it helps to let your feelings out though so thanks again for listening.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
so sorry i know the situation my grandad died last month and my grandmother is not far from...my parents are so torn up it hurts my heart to look at them.