Lost Media Wiki

Drtooth

Reaction score
If there were a way for Nick to produce the film, I'd love for it to happen. We'd have official parody assistance, and no doubt the likes of Tom, Roger, and Clancy would provide their own voices instead of soundalikes. If only this was a case like The Muppets '11 and this guy was a big enough name to pitch a fan fic and have it become an officially sanctioned project.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
If it exists as a script, it technically exists. Films usually get smacked down in the preproduction phase like that. Some films get an announcement and a slight outline and disappear forever and are counted as "lost."
Yeah, but then the whole article would just be for the script (which is in possession of LMW members anyway).

Then of course the problem is the term "lost" media is pretty stretched thin. Does lost mean no longer in print and not uploaded to youtube or a torrent site? Does it mean an unfinished project on various levels of completion? Does it actually mean that it's footage that was gone for good that no one backed up, recorded, or thought to hold onto, even the producers? Or does it mean something that exists, but someone's sitting on it, refusing to release it?

I get the feeling it's all of those and more.
I always question that, but in the end, it's dycaite's decision. My definition of lost is just something that was released to the public at some point in time but can't be found now. I don't think something like video game betas and cancelled things (which we get articles for all the time) quantify as lost media.

This ADWSS film apparently has most of its script and some promo material finished, but no filming ever took place. So, it does still count as lost.
I think we just really wanted to solve it, above anything. The creator even acknowledged that he feels like people don't even care about the film; just what happened to it.

But it's not lost, because the creator said if you're looking for anything related to ADWS, you won't find it. All of the promos were just random teasers; nothing was culled from a film; nothing was filmed.

Anyway, this week has been nothing short of UNBELIEVABLE in the LMW world. Electric Piper was found yesterday, ADWS was solved and the Gravity Falls pilot was found a few days ago. SpongeBob was really the only one I cared about, but those three were like the holy-grails, and to all be found so close together says something *cough* MARGARET HAMILTON *cough*.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
I'm confused about the criteria for Lost Media articles. I'm seeing pages for projects that are labeled "lost" by the article author(s), when in reality, they're "hard to find." In some cases, the logic seems to be that if it can't be found on YouTube, it's lost.

One user claims that the 1943 movie CRAZY HOUSE is "lost." I've owned a copy of said movie for years now.

Last edited: