Lotsa Cowfolk round dese here parts

LamangoNumber2

Reaction score
A-yup, tons of them. Sesame Street and the Old West have been together for a while.

Some of the most remembered cowfolk are Grover, of course trying to maintain a job, odd for a five year old going on fifty, and...I think Richard Hunt preformed him...Oh yeah, Forgetfull Jones, who, like Lew Zealand, became his own character even if he was a one shot.

But we also had Sinister Sam and Bad Bart, two of Henson's puppets, look almost exactly the same, except Sinister Sam looks like his face is being eaten by The Flower Eating Monster... But these two Tough Ambre's where usually, very nice, except Sinister Sam...Who threw a cow out of a Lemonade Bar.

Then there's Rodeo Rosie, I have NEVER seen her, or heard her talk on the show, but I saw her in a few books, usually screaming, much like a cowgirl version of Guy Smiley. Then we had Clementine, the only Cowperson Muppet Main not to be a Lavander Live hands [you noticed that too, huh?], or a fuzzy cute little monster. Now, speaking of cute little monster, Grover was the only one not human, and, never appeared along side these five other cowpersons, but had Fred the Wonderhorse, which is sometimes stolen or bribed by Buster the Horse to deal with Forgetfull. Infact, the only time I saw Grover and Forgetfull together was in Elmo Save's Christmas, and even then, it was just a cameo.

And of course, I'd be shunned if I forgot about THE COOKIE THEIF, Arnold 'Alistar' Cookie Monster, or just Cookie Monster, was also a 'villian' cowboy in the early years, for one or two sketches, not sure, but our svelt blue shagged friend was chased out of the salloon faster than a lizard skittering across a hot sandy trail, I recon!

Now, we come to the point I'm trying to make...Who else took on a cowboy persona on Sesame Street? Did the Count go West at all, to count the ten gallon hats? Did Telly, Baby Bear, Ernie or Bert saddle up? Did Kermit take his spurrs and white hat from the Muppet Movie out on the Western Side of the Street? Has Oscar become the Trashiest cowpolk in the west? Has Elmo ever branded a cow, sorry Glayds...

Now, this ain't one of those 'Did they have feet, or interact' threads, this is legit. I'm curious on who else went Cowboy.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Oh yeah, Forgetfull Jones, who, like Lew Zealand, became his own character even if he was a one shot.
How do you know Forgetful Jones was originally a one-shot? I would assume he was always meant to be a recurring character. I've seen scans of a season 12 press kit which refers to him, Clementine, and Buster as new characters for the season (though it also refers to others who were around earlier as "new"). Forgetful Jones was performed by Michael Earl his first year before Richard Hunt took over.

Ironically, in one MuppetCast interview with Kevin Clash (I am sur eit was in one of the Richard Hunt tribute shows) Clash said that Richard Hunt didn't really like Forgetful Jones at first, not until he did the "OOOO-Klahoma" sketch. And that was from season 20. So Richard had been performing the character for nine years before he decided he liked him, and then was only around for a few more years. But at least Richard didn't just dump the character off on another performer like he did with Elmo (but then again... What if he gave Forgetful to another performer and kept Elmo?).

There was another cowboy like Sinister Sam and Bad Bart, who I think only appeared once. His name was Mean Manny, and appeared in a sketch to meet with the town doctor to get his measel shot. Though he appeared to be nicer than the other two before we learn that he's not so mean.