Louise Gold

flyingpenguin

Reaction score
Whatever happened to Annie Sue Pig? Did she just loose popularity, or did Louise Gold stop performing her???:mad: :mad:

Ruahnna

Reaction score
If I had to guess, I'd say Annie Sue was just one too many pigs to deal with in a weekly script. Her main role, anyway, was to tweak Piggy because she was supposedly younger, cuter, more talented, certainly more perky, etc. Also never seen again--that I'm aware of--was Lydia the tattooed (sp?) lady, a spectacularly tattooed pig who, incidentally, is the only Muppet pig I've seen who had hooves instead of hands.

Skekayuk

Reaction score
Well, Annie Sue is very much Louise Gold's character.The character was designed for her to perform. With a few notable exceptions in the early 1990s, the majority of Louise Gold's work with the muppet's has been when they've been in Britain, and even then it seems to depend somewhat on when her work as an actress allows. You have to remember that while Ms Gold is quite a notable British puppeteer. She seems to be primarily an actress (although her puppetry so sufficently good, that you'd never know).

My guess is that it was just too complicated to fit Annie Sue in as a character. after The Muppet Show, with her puppeteer not being on the job full-time. etc etc.

Xerus

Reaction score
It seems like Annie Sue got replaced with a sexy pig named Spamela Hamderson in Muppets' Tonight.