Louise Gold's Work On Sesame Street?

Skekayuk

Reaction score
I am trying to compile as complete a list as I can of Louise Gold's Sesame Street credits, see: http://www.qsulis.demon.co.uk/Website_Louise_Gold/Sesame_Street.htm

I was wondering if any of the longstanding/series fans who have a handle on this, perhaps you could take a look at the list I've compiled so far, and see if you know of anything I've missed out that I ought to know about.

Below is a summary of sketches (it's really easier to look them up on my website), but ...

A Tall Tale

Puppeteers: Elmo – Kevin Clash, Noel Cowherd – Jerry Nelson, Polly Darton – Fran Brill, with Louise Gold as one of the background puppeteers/backing vocalists (background puppeteers identified by Muppet Fan TW).

Al’s Alphabet Garge [1991]
Puppeteers: Al – Jerry Nelson w Rick Lyon righhanding, J Owner – Louise Gold, J -?
(Yes there's been some debate about it. some Muppet fans reckon this is not the case. But other Muppet-fans are sure they recognised LG’s left-handed puppetry)

The Ballad Of The Sad Cafe [1992]
Puppeteers: Louise Gold is the singer on the second of the three verses, not quite sure who the male singer on the first verse and the female singer on the third verse are.

Biff Gets His Thumb Caught In A Bowling Ball [circa 1993]
Puppeteers: Jerry Nelson as Biff. Muppetfan TW says that Louise Gold may have performed Biff’s wife Celeste
I haven’t seen the sketch so can’t comment on it. And Don’t know if Louise did it.

The Cooperation Song (A Song For Two Will Make Us One) [Mid 1990s]
Puppeteers: Louise Gold and Jerry Nelson (unconfirmed. I think it was them, Muppet Fan TW is also reckons it is them, and points out that the girl is puppeteered left-handed)

Diva LaDiva The Loudest Singer In The World
Puppeteered by Louise Gold, (In an interview LG conflated this character with Renata Socttie Dog, saying that her favourite Sesame Street character was “Renata Scottie Dog The Loudest Singer In The World, Muppet Fan TW has identified the two characters as being separate)
I’ve never seen a sketch involving this character, at least I don't think I have, and so don’t know what it actually sang or did. Does anyone know?

Fairy Tales Today Presents: The Princess And The Pea [Mid 1990s]
Puppeteers: Fran Brill as Prairie Dawn, Louise Gold as The Princess (confirmed because it’s in LG’s resume)

Frazzle Visits The Dentist [1996]
Puppeteers: Jerry Nelson as Frazzle, Louise Gold as Frazzle’s Mother, and, David Rudman as The Dentist (unconfirmed, but Frazzle’s Mother had a cockney accent and who would do that on Sesame Street at that time)

I Am Chicken [Early 1990s]
Puppeteers: Louise Gold as A Chicken, with a backing chorus (LG is credited on the album Born To Add, it also sounds right, and as for puppetry the puppet appears to lean a little as though done left-handed)

I Can Sing Anything When I Sing With You [Early 1990s]
Puppeteers: Jerry Nelson as Herry Monster, and, Louise Gold as Louisey (obvious on account of names and sound, also confirmed by puppeteer RL that in fact the number was written for Jerry Nelson and Louise Gold)

I Could Have Counted All Night (A parody of I Could Have Danced All Night from My Fair Lady)
Puppeteers: Jerry Nelson as The Count, ?Louise Gold or Julianne Buescher as The Countess, and, Fran Brill as The Countess’s Mother. The album The Count’s Countdown credits Louise Gold as The Countess. However, Louise Gold cannot have puppeteered it. one Muppet anreckons this is incorrect and that Julianne Buescher performed it on the programme, but who sang it on the album? Nobody seems to know for sure, though some of those in the know seem to think it was Louise Gold who sang it.

I Get A Kick Out Of U (A parody of I Get A Kick Out Of You from Anything Goes) [Early 1990s]
Puppeteers Louise Gold as Ethel Mermaid, not sure who did the shark (it’s in LG’s resume, but in any case that just sounds absolutely her, it’s totally obvious!)

I Love You More Or Less
Puppeteers: Jerry Nelson, Louise Gold, Marty Robinson, and, David Rudman (unconfirmed- but it does sound very typical of both Jerry and Louise doing one of their great duets. The female characters facial expressions also look very like the sort of thing Louise Gold would do with a puppet).

I’m A Bookworm Baby
Performer: Ivy Austen sang it, while Louise Gold assisted by Rick Lyon may have puppeteered it. Certainly we know that Louise Gold and Rick Lyon did a bookworm number.The vocals on this one most definitely do not sound like hers, and the album Sesame Road identifies them as Ivy Austen’s. Therefore, either she is puppeteering and the vocals were dubbed later on. Or her bookworm number is another number. Muppet-fan TW has watched the sketch and he reckons that Louise puppeteered this one.

In South America Where People Speak Spanish
Puppeters – Louise Gold is clearly performing the singer [Unconfirmed, but it seems really likely – I watched it and I think it’s her]

The Job Song
Some Muppet-fan seems to have mistakenly attributed one of the characters to Louise Gold. But various Muppet fans reckon this is the one on Youtube that was mistakenly attributed to her. In fact once thinks the character in question might be one of Kathryn Mullen’s.

Monsterpiece Theatre Presents: Anyone’s Nose
Puppeteers: Louise Gold (as lead singer), with backing singers: Jerry Nelson (as Herry Monster), Kevin Clash (as Elmo), and, Marty Robinson (as Telly).
I’ve watched this, and it’s just so obvious. The voice is totally Louise’. I think she probably puppeteered it.

Monsterpiece Theatre Presents: Cyranose De Bergerac
Puppeteers: Frank Oz (as Alistair Cookie), Jerry Nelson (as Cyranose DeBergerac), and, Louise Gold (as The Queen) (unconfirmed – but Cyranose sounds like Jerry Nelson, and The Queen both sounds like it could be Louise Gold and looks like it could well be her left-handed puppetry).

Monsterpiece Theatre Presents: Inside And Outside (a parody of Tonight from West Side Story)
Puppeteers: Louise Gold and Jerry Nelson as the principals. with two others as a pair of cats in the chorus. (Unconfirmed –though some of us are pretty sure it’s the dynamic musical duo as the leads)

Near And Far [Mid 1990s]
Puppeteers: Louise Gold and Marty Robinson (unconfirmed, but very likely)
Louise Gold may well have performed a character in a ballroom who sang about her

Nestrapolitan Opera Presents: A Diva Singing The Alphabet (1991)
Puppeteers: Louise Gold as A Diva

Nestrapolitan Opera Presents: Charmin’ (a parody of The Habanera from Bizet’s Carmen) [1994]
Puppeteers: Charmin’ – Louise Gold, Phil Harmonic – Jerry Nelson

Prunella The Grouch Visits
Puppeteers: Caroll Spinney as Oscar, Louise Gold as Prunella (unconfirmed, but that is what it says on Muppet Wikki, and who would do a British female-sounding character on Sesame Street at that time, episode 3119)
Can’t comment not having seen the sketch. Apparently Prunella was driving through Sesame Street on a tour of the United States.

Renata Scottie Dog The Most Famous Dog Opera Singer In The World Episode 3723
Puppeteered by Louise Gold, (In an interview LG conflated this character with Diva LaDiva, saying that her favourite Sesame Street character was “Renata Scottie Dog The Loudest Singer In The World,

Roxanne – Cyranose DeBergerac’s Beau
Louise Gold’s resume has sometimes referred to her as performing a character named Roxanne on Sesame Street, but until Muppet Fan TW mentioned her, I had never come across any reference to the character. Apparently the character was known for having large ears. Haven’t seen a sketch involving her, so I don’t know what she actually did.

Sally Messy Yuckyael Episode 3120
Live Actors: as LG was doing a cameo a live actor this doesn’t need confirming..
Puppeteers: Caroll Spinney as Oscar, Louise Gold as Sally Messy Yuckyael (the latter is unconfirmed)

Some Enchanted Lunchtime (a parody of Some Enchanted Evening from South Pacific) [1994]
Puppeteers: Louise Gold and Kevin Clash (unconfirmed. However, your webmaster says that the female character’s voice and puppetry is totally characteristic of Louise Gold – left-handed for a start. Muppet Fan TW points out the female sounds just like Annie Sue Pig. Other Muppetfans have identified the male character as performed by Kevin Clash)

Something Always Comes Between Us [Mid 1990s]
Puppeteers: some Muppet fans, think Louise Gold and Jerry Nelson did it. Soem of us aren’t sure and some people think it’s Stephanie D’Abruzzo and Marty Robinson. But nobody seems to be all that sure.

SuperGrover: Cross The Street
Puppeteers: Frank Oz (as Supergrover), Louise Gold (as the girl he helps – it’s obvious from the voice and particularly the puppetry), ? Aunt Edna.

There’s Nothing We Women Can’t Be
Puppeteers: ? - Tiny Dancer’s website seems to think Louise Gold was one of the women, but as the song was done back in 1974, some 20 years before LG’s stint on Sesame Street, and indeed three years before this lady joined The Muppets, it obviously isn’t one of hers. It is mentioned here only to correct that misconception.

Wouldn’t It Be Yucky (a parody of Wouldn’t It Be Luverly from My Fair Lady)
Puppeteers: Caroll Spinney as Oscar the Grouch, and Louise Gold as Prunella The Grouch (Unconfirmed. This one is according to Muppet Wiki. I’ve never seen the number. But I suppose a British sounding female character at the time of Episode 3119 in which this number appeared is likely to have been LG).

What have I missed off my list?