Luis's song "Escondido"

Convincing John

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I've been wondering about an old song called "Escondido" sung by Luis. It's from an old Sesame LP I might have somewhere still...but I'd really like to know more about the song itself.

It's kind of like Luis's own "Imagination" song. It's not a remake of "Imagination", but the lyrics have that faraway and dreamlike feel to them, and about half of them are in Spanish.

Does anyone remember this song at all? It's from the 1970's, and it's just Luis and his guitar.

Here are some of the lines I remember:

"When the Springtime comes to the budding tree,
I have lived through change, and begun to see
I have grown with time, to be sure of me...
And I wonder what I will be...

In Escondido, where the sunlight is warm and the sky is a crystal dome
In Escondido, where the wind from the mountaintop sings to me...

Escondido is home...Escodido is home..."

This song may be on an album called "Sesame Mucho!", but I'm not positive. Can anyone help me with finding this song's lyrics?

Convincing John

Convincing John

Reaction score
I like it, too. That's why I wondered if anyone had the lyrics out there, and could help me out by translating some of it. My Spanish is pretty rusty, and I know by some of the words that the Spanish verses aren't merely translations of the English versions. For instance "la playa o por la sierra" is sung in Spanish, which means "the beach or by the mountain range", but this phrase isn't in the English lyrics.

I do know that "escondido" means "hidden" in Spanish. If you get the chance to hear it someday (maybe it's on MC Radio), it's a pretty awesome song.

I've never seen a copy of "Sesame Mucho!" so I don't know if it's on the record or not. Guessing by the Spanish title, it might be.

Anyone know?

Convincing John

Convincing John

Reaction score
Bump

Hey,

I was just listening to "Escondido" not long ago, and I wondered if anyone else had access to this song...I don't know enough Spanish to figure out the other lyrics.:smirk:

Convincing John