Luke At The UK Toy Fair - Featuring Palisades

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by Stryder Wolfe
isn't gonzo SUPPOSED to be unearthly??? :big_grin:
Good point ! You'd think being an official likeness they'd touch up his lesser points though - i mean those glamour magazines do that all the time ! :big_grin:

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Originally posted by Stryder Wolfe
isn't gonzo SUPPOSED to be unearthly??? :big_grin:

(please don't start a debate, please don't start a debate) :stick_out_tongue:
*debating* Unearthly??? Whadda ya' mean, Unearthly??? :big_grin:

Hehe! I like the Gonzo head sculpt. I just didn't like the paint job at all! I understand there was a mix-up when they started painting the line.

My only problem wiht him is the eyelids not moving and making him look like a droop, but I understand that's not going to happen, so, oh, well.

Stryder Wolfe

Reaction score
I'm not the biggest fan of the head sculpt, as I found the eyes too big and the shape of the back of the head a little off, and the hair as well (alhtough that would be soo hard to duplicate precisely that it doesn't really bother me) but I'd never go so far as to say it was repulsive :stick_out_tongue:

WiGgY

Reaction score
I think the hair could be replicated better if they just used some pieces of blue and purple thread instead of making it out of plastic. And if there is ever a mega gonzo made could it be possible to make his eye lids move? nad maybe give that one more realistic hair?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Luke

Were there any noticable changes to the Gonzo head? Hair, eyes, fur color, nose color, eyelid color?

Luke

Reaction score
Re: Luke

Originally posted by frogboy4
Were there any noticable changes to the Gonzo head? Hair, eyes, fur color, nose color, eyelid color?
From what i gather there are a few changes. Not that i know for sure it's a change, the fur seemed to look a bit darker and less shiny, i guess though thats maybe how the original one was supposed to look before the factory got their hands on him. I gather the hair on the top of his head has been resculpted. I'm afraid i didnt think to look at his nose and eyelid color but something about that was pointed out to me but i think it was more just mention that people think the colors are wrong although it could well have changed. Looking at him the first thing you notice is he's more purple tux than anything else, it comes up fairly high and is maybe a shade darker than in the show but the same kinda silky purple. I think the carnation is white with detail (possibly coloring) in the middle. Whether or not it's changed much the head definitely looks better, even if its just the angle and expression - the likeness is very good. I should have spent more time looking than talking i guess, and it's kinda hard to remember stuff now - like one of those memory tests ! LOL ! I'm sorry i can't be more help, i wouldn't like to have mislead anyone so if i've said anything wrong maybe Ken can correct me or something. He looked good though - as long as it all works out ok at the factory end i really don't think people will be criticising him like they did the last one.

Gonzo

Reaction score
Nice work, Luke--I can't wait to see more on these at the US Toy Fair, but I'm delighted to hear your reviews as a Muppety Freak like one of us.

Thanks!

Quinnnnnnnnnn