Luke At The UK Toy Fair - Featuring Palisades

Luke

Reaction score
Thanks for pointing that out Jamie - its changed !

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
(Previous post deleted to make this one)

Wow, it's so cool you are now sold on Lew! He seems to be the best likeness of series 3.

Any comments on the Rowlf likeness. The piano is fantastic. (LOL on the comment about the mantle)

The Scooters seem promising too, The glasses (though a bit larger than the puppet) look just right for the figure. I am so excited!

And that Kitchen! The best parts of all the sets - and then some - composed into this super amazing playset. I don't see how anyone would turn this down. Even non Muppet fans would like this set. Who knew?

Did you see Pepe or Janice? Everyone wants to hear about that I am sure. Come on, you must have something to say. :smile:

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Thanks for posting all the neat stuff!I'm glad you got to go! i feel like your photo's are the best looking one's yet! and as always they look better when you actaualy see them. Every photo of rowlf i have seen does not look as good as your's, I'm glad you might get him, and if you dont, your Mother might;-)

so all of what you saw is the actualy product then, what we see is what we get, not one less kitchen item or anything?

I Love lew! it's cool that there are fish inside the bucket, can they come out of it?

Do you know if Super Scooters latter fold's close or not?

How's Camilla look too?

Thanks Luke!

Zack,

Luke

Reaction score
Answers To Questions :-

Jamie:-

I agree with you about Scooter - maybe the glasses might not be exactly the same as the puppet, but they do look exactly right for the figure. I think it's very close anyhow - you'd know better than me, i'm not a big Scooter expert but i was way impressed. Rowlf is a VERY good likeness, hes quite a chunky figure and the tux is done very well - he looks very regal standing at the piano. The bust is very finely detailed too. The facial features are cool - they fur texture is great and the floppy dog ears look very good, not sure if they are like a hard plastic or soft, i never tried to move them. All the paint colors seem to be really well matched and spot on as how we would think of Rowlf, and that goes for the rest of Waves 3-6, i noticed that all the paint colors are really finely matched with the puppets, especially Pepe. Obviously Rowlf isnt the most expressionate or articulated figure but he's a dog in a tux at the piano. Very majestic i'd say !

Zack :-

Yes, i think Super Scooters ladder folds up - i think the photos in Palisades 'Daily Bit' show it doing just that actually. As far as i know yes, the fishes come out of Lews 'Bucket Of Fish' but i didnt try it. All of the actual series 3 product i saw was actual product that will be in our stores here next week - aside from the Kitchen which i think Ken said isnt shipping from the factory until March but i think what i saw was a pretty much finished prototype. They've really improved the strength of the magnets on the heads/hats of all figures now - especially Chef. He still has the little round circle on his head where the magnet is but thats way better than having an actual hole or anything in the back. I saw Camilla, and all the others which i'll go into next.

Luke

Reaction score
Ok, so the one everyones been waiting for - Palisades had test shots of Waves 5 and 6. These were in the same mocked up packaging as the Wave 4 shots i put up. Some were painted and some were unpainted sculpts. Overall i was way impressed, they were only photos and i'm recalling them from memory so i'll do what i can.

Janice - Unpainted Test Shot

I liked Janice a lot, although it was hard to really judge the overall likeness since it was unpainted. However she's wearing a cool miniskirt with a nice belt that goes across it. So in the repaint the belt will be a different color too. Her top is nicely sculpted and i'm happy to report Ken seems to have mastered the 'boobage' issue. She's not got too little nor too much - just right for her tall fairly thin body. Facial likeness looked good, but then i'm no Janice expert and it was hard to tell. I remember Travis commenting on her hair - that they had some problems with it or it had been hard to get right and had been tweaked. I'm not sure but it looked excellent to me.

Gonzo In Purple Suit With Camilla - Painted Test Shot

OK, now this is the Gonzo we've all been waiting for - i really love it and think they've done an excellent job - its a 1000 times better than the Wave 2 Gonzo. His head sculpt looks way better, i'm not sure if they've tweaked the nose or not but Travis talked a bit about that. The purple suit is lovely - i'm not sure the shade is completely show accurate, it could have been the photo but it's the right purple overall, but looked a bit shinier or darker, i dunno but it seems right for the figure. He has the white carnation on his lapel which is very detailed, and in the photo he had Camilla by his left hand side. Camilla looks fantastic - she has an articulated head which i think swivels from side to side. I think she comes up to Gonzos knee's, maybe a little more. They've done a good job at the whole Muppet chicken likeness - i couldn't really tell from the photo whether she had that kinda expressionate Camilla face. It was very detailed. I think Gonzo will be one of the strongest figures in Wave 5 - he's lovely.

Newsman - Unpainted Test Shot

It was very hard to tell much about the Newsman in his unpainted sculpt photo - other than i think they are doing a great job with him so far. He seems quite large and his outfit very detailed. Facially i think he was very good, although no glasses (as far as i remember) so it was hard to tell the overall look.

Pepe The Prawn - Painted Test Shot

I think this is the one everyones been waiting for and they havent dissapointed. He's wearing the (sky/pastel) blue jacket with (white ?) drawstrings. Not sure if the strings are sculpted in or soft plastic like the chefs cloth apron. The jacket covers his arms, his legs are bare. He actually looked a lot larger than i expected from the way everyones been talking, maybe the pic wasn't to scale, i don't know but i think it looks fantastic. The paint is very good - they have completely got him accurate in that way - the shade of blue on the jacket is EXACTLY the one we've seen on Pepe and the color of his skin/fur (don't know what prawns have exactly) is perfect. His hair is all spikey and comes out at all angles - he even has the antennae which could just about be seen in the photo. Facially the look is excellent - it looks just like the actual puppet, right kinda expression, right kinda colors. His arms are really cool - it's wierd seeing an action figure with two sets of arms but they've done it. All the texturing looks great and from what i saw i think there was a lot of articulation on the figure although it was only a photo so best to wait for the real thing for that. I'm not sure it was the most exciting action figure, or the funkiest outfit but they seem to have captured him almost perfectly, very show accurate and i guess the compliment is that he looks very much like a photo of the actual puppet.

Right - i have Wave 6 to talk about, i'm tight on time so not sure i can manage it right this minute but definitely later ! They were all fantastic though - Beauregard you could instantly tell was VERY strong, even though it was an unpainted test shot - all the texturing, and the fur and facial likeness looked spot on so far. I'll continue later.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey guys, to answer Zack's question: Yes, the two small fish accessories do indeed come out of the bucket. I can tell you this because the test shot figure is here amongst my personal collection. There are two small fishies; one that's shaped like a thin flute, and one that's a little rounder but like a rounded off seashell. Luke, thanks for answering my questions though I'm disappointed that MAMMA wasn't included with Dr. Julius Strangepork. The reason I asked you about that one is because I'm interested in knowing what it looks like and because it was never shown with the S4 test shot photos on Palisades' Daily Bit. Guess we'll have to wait a little more until we finally see that figure. On a side note, did you get to see the Reporter Kermit figure with all the Koozbanians? What did they all look like? Were there distinctions as to tell one alien figure apart from the other? What did the little Merdlidopps included in the base look like? How is it that they activate from within the figure's base? Thanks for everything once again.

Stryder Wolfe

Reaction score
great! If a customer as picky as Luke likes them (no offense, I'm just saying) then your run of the mill guy like me will probably be completely blown away :big_grin:

so Series 5 Gonzo....New Head sculpt???

radionate

Reaction score
Wow Luke. Thanks for posting those pics of the Blister Cards. I think these are a lot brighter, and might actually help catch the eye of people a little more.

I liked the 25th anniversary cards, but next to these they were very dark.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Wow! Great pics, Luke! After seeing those, Series three is most deffenitly my favorite! Supehero Scooter looks awesome! (Is Superheroe Scooter the official name or is it Super scooter? If it's Superhero, can I change my username?) Great stuff!

I like the old packaging better, but this looks good too. Afterall, it ain't the 25th Anniversary anymore.

Se-Bas

Reaction score
Muppet Palisades in Holland

Hi there everybody, I have a question.
I am a collector of the Muppet Palisades series. There is only one problem: I live in Holland.
The availabilty is very rear here.
But does someone knows when muppet series 3 (especially the terrific playset with Mork Mork swedish chef) comes to Holland?

ThanX

Se-Bas