Lynn Redgrave (our very own Maid Marian) dies at 67

edwardsinclair

Reaction score
This just came through moments ago. :sympathy::cry:For those who aren't aware, she guested and played Maid Marian in the Robin Hood episode of The Muppet Show.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/SHOWBIZ/Movies/05/03/lynn.redgrave.obit/

(CNN) -- Actress Lynn Redgrave died Sunday after a seven-year battle with breast cancer, according to her family.

Redgrave, 67, was surrounded by her children at her Connecticut home when she died, the family said in a statement Monday morning.

The star of stage, film and television was twice nominated for an Academy Award: for best actress in 1966 for her role in "Georgy Girl" and for best supporting actress in the 1998 film "Gods and Monsters."

"She lived, loved and worked harder than ever before," the family said. "The endless memories she created as a mother, grandmother, writer, actor and friend will sustain us for the rest of our lives. Our entire family asks for privacy through this difficult time," the statement said.

Redgrave is from "a family of actors, embracing as it does more than five generations," she wrote on her official website.

She is the younger sister of Oscar-winning actress Vanessa Redgrave and the aunt of the late actress Natasha Richardson.

Her parents, Sir Michael Redgrave and Rachel Kempson, were British stage and film actors.

Her paternal grandparents, Roy Redgrave and Margaret Scudamore, were stage and silent film actors.
Edit: Here's another link that mentions the Muppet Show appearance and has a clip:
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/celebritology/2010/05/lynn_redgrave_dies_at_67.html

MelissaY1

Reaction score
I was very sad to hear this. I only got into Lynn's work over the past 15 years or so from her role on the former Showtime series "Rude Awakening". I had the pleasure of meeting Lynn twice in recent years: Once at the 2005 Broadway flea market, and once about two years later at a charity luncheon for a local animal shelter called Animal Haven that is also in NYC. She seemed a very kind woman, couldn't have been nicer to her fans, (she even remembered me from the previous time I had met her).

May she rest in peace:frown: