Mad TV Sesame Parody

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey guys... There's reports of a Sesame parody on the episode of Mad TV on 12/10/2005 on Fox TV. It's called the "Bird Flu", you can download a clip at filmforce.ign.com, hope this helps.

BEAR

Reaction score
That was the funniest thing ever. When "Gordon" came on I laughed so hard.

Barry Lee

Reaction score
That was great without having a sick humor aspect.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
OMG!!! Sooooooo funny!
Just finished watching the whole parody, and it was great. References a plenty, will come back on Monday at the latest and tell you guys about it.
There was even a shot at Statler and Waldorf at the end of the parody... ****!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Not sure, you might want to check filmforce.ign.com and see if the link/article with the clip of the parody's still there.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I saw it, and I say it offended me... not because the Muppets were killed at the end, but because the parody made SS look like a rinkydink cable access crappy kids show from the 90's. But I'll gived it a C+, anyway. The actor playing Gordon was the only one who did any research.

But this was pretty funny, I guess... But I have heard/ Seen the "Big Bird gets the Bird flu" joke one too many times... in a local paper (the Weekly Dig, which mentioned Benny Rabbit in the article, kudos to them) and again as a political cartoon strip.

And I've seen too many Sesame/ Muppet Parodies in which someone gets killed. It's not offensive as a Muppet fan, but as a comedic writer. I saw one on Stankervision (some weird MTV2 sketch comedy show) which was sorta funny, and it was original in the aspect the skit was Claymation. I'll explain it another time, somewhere.

Of course, I did like the Statler/ Waldorf bit at the end.

I only watched MADTV, because the first episode of South Park on syndication (no Cable) was one I had on a tape I bought.

Erine81981

Reaction score
It doesn't show the whole thing on the website. It only show half of it. I would love to see the whole thing. Does anyone have it?