1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Magazine Photos

Discussion in 'On the Web' started by OverUnderAround, Jan 4, 2006.

1. OverUnderAround

OverUnderAround New Member

I uploaded a handful of Muppet pictures I had from magazines over the years if anyone wishes to enjoy them, check them out at:
    http://community.webshots.com/user/OverUnderAround

Feel free to copy them and save them to your hard drive. I might as well share them with others who would enjoy these pictures before I eventually have to take them down.

On the bottom of the pictures it says "View Full Size", once you open those, I suggest you right click on the picture and select "Save Picture As" to save to your hard drive.

I didn't compress the pictures to much, that way you can enjoy the quality.

:)
  2. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

Thanks for sharing these! I love the Ernie and Bert one for sure.
  3. OverUnderAround

That is a beautiful picture! I've never seen it outside of Life magazine.
  4. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

Awesome! Thanks for sharing!
  5. zeldazipple

zeldazipple New Member

Wow! OverUnderAround thank you for shareing, I have saved thses to my computer. Nice archive.
  6. OverUnderAround

Two points-

Point 1-
    First let me say thanks to those that enjoyed the photos I posted. I'm glad all of you enjoyed them. Thank you.

Point 2-
    Someone on this forum has reported me to Webshots for having posted pictures from a copyrighted magazine, so Webshots took down all my pictures. Even the picture of the Henson Christmas card, which was not from a magazine was removed. The internet is loaded with millions of copyrighted photos on millions of websites all over the world. And many of those are fan based sites. And of all the websites in the world, someone on MC has to be so low as to report me.

Whichever one of you reported me, I feel sorry for you. Your life must be pretty sad to have nothing better to do than deny a fellow Muppet Central member the chance to share positive Muppet pictures with other wonderful Muppet fans. Yours is a sad life indeed.
  7. Infinity Sirius

Infinity Sirius New Member

You could try a different picture hosting webservice.
  8. OverUnderAround

Thank you for the positive idea Infinity Sirius, I just might do that again someday. But from what I see here if I tried a new webservice and I mention in this forum that I have uploaded a picture (for example) of Kermit, someone here will report to the new webservice's webmaster that I have uploaded a copyrighted photo and it will be the same situation again.

I think in the future should I upload cool Muppet photos to a website. I'll email people I know to come and have a look instead. Thank you for the advise.
  9. Barry Lee

Barry Lee Active Member

Can you send me your muppet pictures at my email? Here it is:

barry.muppetmonsterdatabase@gmail.com

Thanks!
  10. Muppetsdownunder

Muppetsdownunder New Member

Are you sure it was someone from here? it could have been someone from webshots couldnt it?
  11. OverUnderAround

Okay Barry, It will be about a 3 MB attachment.
  12. OverUnderAround

My site had been up for about three weeks, nobody from Webshots ever visited the site based on the counter on the site. Only two people had visited the site during those three weeks and those were people I gave my website address to. Since I publicly announced the site here yesterday at MC the counter went up considerably and was closed a few hours later from a complaint Webshots recieved. Yea it was from here.
  13. Muppetsdownunder

Muppetsdownunder New Member

sorry to hear that. Well someone really has too much time on their hands and should get a life rather than reporting things like that.
  14. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

15. OverUnderAround

I just emailed them to you, thanks for asking.
  16. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

What!?!?! Who's the chowder-head who complained? That sucks! You did nothing wrong OverUnderAround and I'm sorry someone did that to you. What a chode, not you; the person who reported you :o
  17. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

Thank you OUA. I liked them. I now I have a new Muppet Christmas picture I can use on this coming christmas. WOOOOOOOOO!!!
  18. zeldazipple

zeldazipple New Member

Sharing copyrighted images

When I post picture from magazines or something that's copyrighted I use geocities, but the problum with that is that is shuts down the web site gets to maney hits, that's the only disadvantage though.
  19. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

I use Photobucket.com. It can hold up to lots of pictures. It's a great place to keep pictures.
  20. OverUnderAround

Unfortunately when it comes to copyright, I'm sure all sites have their policies against posting copyrighted photos, it's just rare that someone would actually report someone of copyright violation.

So be it geocities or photobucket, etc., if someone accuses you to the webmaster, they'll shut you down unfortunately.

You might find it interesting to know that if you have pictures of people that you have met on your website, you are suppose to get those people to sign a 'Release Form' allowing you to post a picture of them. That's part of the legal mumbo-jumbo of the Internet. But it's rare any one goes through that bother.

There would be no fan based websites if every fan was accused of copyright violation for posting pictures on whatever they are a fan of, be it the Muppets, Jennifer Love Hewitt or Monster Trucks, etc.