Magical Muppets?

Reaction score
Hi this is my first post! I was watching a sesame street music video (this one
) with my mom a few days ago, and she was surprised Abby Cadabby could actually do magic
I pointed out that she had wings but my mom said lots of little girls wear wings and pretend to be fairies, which is a fair point
But it got me thinking, are there any other magical muppets? I know there are muppets that can do things human cant but like, I mean properly magic

Just a silly thought, but I was curious and couldn't think of any off the top of my head :laugh:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the forum.

First of all, this thread was moved to the Family Worlds section since you're asking a question that applies to the vast and various individual Muppet worlds.

Secondly, Abby Cadaby, and her mommy Maggy, have wings because they are specifically Muppet fairy characters.
As for other Muppet characters who are magical or can perform magic... One could argue that all Fraggle characters (or at least the main five) are magical given the message from Madame Trash Heap in the final episode of the original series, that "you cannot leave the magic" as Doc and Sprocket started pondering who exactly was "magical". As for magic performers, there's The Amazing Mumford and Murray the Mediocre, as well as others you'd be able to find by doing a search at the Muppet Wiki website.

Hope this helps. :wisdom:

Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the forum.

First of all, this thread was moved to the Family Worlds section since you're asking a question that applies to the vast and various individual Muppet worlds.

Secondly, Abby Cadaby, and her mommy Maggy, have wings because they are specifically Muppet fairy characters.
As for other Muppet characters who are magical or can perform magic... One could argue that all Fraggle characters (or at least the main five) are magical given the message from Madame Trash Heap in the final episode of the original series, that "you cannot leave the magic" as Doc and Sprocket started pondering who exactly was "magical". As for magic performers, there's The Amazing Mumford and Murray the Mediocre, as well as others you'd be able to find by doing a search at the Muppet Wiki website.

Hope this helps. :wisdom:
ah apologies ! very new to forums in general lol
and yes this does help! thanks :smile: