Mah Na Mah Na contraversy

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Originally posted by Hays
So, there are two different versions of the song - but I don't remember who (or, more correctly, what) sang the pah-tee pateepee version. Anybody know?
BTW, the two cow-like creatures singing the Doo Doo Doo (heh heh, I said "doo doo") are called Snowths.

anathema

Reaction score
If anyone's interested in a copy, I have the original Umiliani version :smile:

wockawocka

Reaction score
I thought it was "doo doo" and another one that went "di de" or something like that. I remember reading those lyrics on a cd. (Oh, by the way Fozzie, I love your avatar!

Ol' Buddy Bert

Reaction score
Re: Sal,

Originally posted by Warrick
Actually, I should think most people who arent Muppet Freaks would do that.

If someone says "Phenomenon" i would expect anyone to answer "Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo".

:big_grin:
Yeah...you're right, Warrick. I was very annoyed when, after that sketch with Ms. Bullock became popular, that everyone in my theatre company thought the song was entitled "phenomenon". And that became a popular joke amongst many people.

Of course...I knew better and brought my Muppet Hits CD into the green room to set the record straight...and someone stole it and I've never seen it since.

That was 5 years ago.

Alas.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The Sesame/ Ed Sullivan appearences were Pa tee puh teepee, like the original song and TMS used the Doo doo doo doo doo one, making it sound more like a Vaudeville soft shoe number...

Fampa

Reaction score
Well it's on one of my original Muppet Show vinyl albums and it still gets a whirl every now and then.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Mahna Mahna first appeared on the Ed Sullivan Show in 1968, Sesame in 1969, then the Muppet Show in 1976.

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Originally posted by Captain Phillip Chapman
Mahna Mahna first appeared on the Ed Sullivan Show in 1968, Sesame in 1969, then the Muppet Show in 1976.
And is generally performed at my house at 5:30 and 10:00pm EST.

:big_grin:

-Matt