Mahna Mahna is the same as Bip Battota!

Swedish_Cheff

Reaction score
its the same puppet. Figures. Look at http://www.hensondb.tk/. there he is under Sesame Street. Look at the picture!

The only diffrence is that he can`t blink..... but why did they make the same puppets for da same shows? isn`t that useless? :concern:

Pino

Reaction score
The first muppet looked different after the version with two girls they made it with the snouths... this version looks the same as in the Muppetshow.
Did you know they made different Kermits for Sesame Street and they wheren´t allowed to use the same muppet for TMS? :smile:

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Pino said:
The first muppet looked different after the version with two girls they made it with the snouths... this version looks the same as in the Muppetshow.
Did you know they made different Kermits for Sesame Street and they wheren´t allowed to use the same muppet for TMS? :smile:
Yeah, I was thinking that since Kermit looks smaller when he wears his trenchcoat.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
They are similar but different. As Sam Eagle once said, "6 of one, half a dozen of the other."

I did research on all this, and per Karen Falk at JHC Archives, Jim wanted to keep the Commercial Muppets seperate from the educational SS Muppets, so that on SS the name became Bip Bipadotta (sporting shades) and was not a general made character as he took on many different forms. Mahna-Mahna, on the other hand, was used for the Muppets, and has maintained his likeness and design continuously, and he doesn't sport shades.

Thusly, I've just considered them faternal twins licensed under contract by different agents to different productions! :smile: Look similar but different, born at the same time by the same Mom, and all that.