Mahna Mahna

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Hiya,

I've begun working on my own Mahna Mahna puppet. I'm in desperate need of some bright orange and emerald green long-pile shag fur. If you have some you wanna sell me, please email me at FOZZIEMUP .

I'm using fuschia colored fleece and a bright orange feather boa. I'm going for longer arms on mine.

The eyes will be conular shaped and attached with the seam against the head. To make the eyes blink, I'm going to hvae some very thin hose around which is sewn yellowish-greenish felt for the outer circles of his eyes. To the hose will be attached some strings which, when pulled, will make the eyes blink.

But, before it will be finished, and before I can even attach the feather boa hair, I must have the orange fur; the emerald green fur is for his body.

If someone here is a puppet builder and/or works at a puppet production workshop and can get some, I'd like to buy it from your organization or you. A yard each would be nice.

Thanks,
Kev :embarrassed:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I heard from a company, but there is a 5-10 yard limit on fur sold at $10/yd. No help to me there.

All I need now is this fur, the puppet looks SUPERB!! If I do say so myself, very JHC-ish!!!

So, all points bulletin, calling all cars!!

Long pile shag craft fur:
Orange
Emerald Green

HELP!!!!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Hiya!

Well, the Mahna Mahna is complete..well, with the exception of the necessity of the following item for the body:

Kelly Green long-pile Shag Fur

I found a company that will sell me some for $10/yard with a 5 yard minimum, and I only need a half-yard.

I must say that I'm completely impressed with myself and you all will be, too!!

Can't wait to get it finished!!

~Kev

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Hi there.

Hey, Foz, I'm trying to make an Elmo puppet. What type of fur might you suggest to get that look? I know where to get red fur that looks kinda like that, bt not quite right.

I'd also like to know what Elmo's eyes are made of. Fishing things?

Other than that, I pretty much know what to do.

Thanks!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
On eyes, I'd say go for ping pong balls, except his real eyes are a little bigger.

You're brave to say you want an Elmo 'round these parts! J/K, I love the little red fuzzy dude.

My understanding is that a company was going out of business and Henson bought all the eyes they had. I'm sure nowadays they probably cast and mold their own.

There are some long-pile shag furs available at craft stores now. You want that and in red. You'll have to do a search for it.

The mouth can be made from black and red(tongue) Foamies.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Thanks, Foz. I've seen this stuff at JoAnn Fabircs, but they can't special order colors, and you have to dye it yourself. (it turns out rather faded, but works good with certain characters)

As to why I want to make it, besides liking Elmo, my friend's son goes crazy over Elmo. He loves the little dude.

I'll try ping-pong balls, but, if they turn out too small, I'll go search around. I could probably use those fishing things if it comes down to it.

And, Elmo doesn't have a tongue. :smile: Just black.

Thanks, Foz! I'll check around for that red fur, hopefully won't have to dye it myself. I'll do an online search for it.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Okay, okay.

So what. Elmo doesn't have a tongue. I never pay much attention to him, however much I do like him.

but HE --->:stick_out_tongue: has a tongue, and he's sticking it out at you now!

F:smile:Z

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I knew an old man as a kid who had eaten eggs'n'brains, tongue, head-cheese, and souse meat.

I reiterate what said back then:

"BLECH!" :grouchy: