Mail It Shop

Cheebo

Reaction score
When did Maria start working here and when did this place open? Did it replace the Fix-It Shop? Was there a episode about it? If there was PLEASE tell me about it

CookieFan

Reaction score
Hey, I just taped this episode today!

Ep. 3984 - The Mail-it shop opens, replacing the Fix-It shop.

No more toaster jokes!

Censored

Reaction score
CookieFan said:
Hey, I just taped this episode today!

Ep. 3984 - The Mail-it shop opens, replacing the Fix-It shop.

No more toaster jokes!

Why the heck would they stop having a Fix-It-Shop when that's the kind of work that they are both skilled in?

ssetta

Reaction score
Well, research said that little kids can't understand getting a toaster fixed, because if their parents' toaster breaks, they go and buy a new one. A fixit shop in general is pretty much a thing of the past. And little kids are not taken to fixit shops nowadays, even if there is one around. They'll go around the shop touching everything.

Censored

Reaction score
You'd think they might have updated it to an appliance shop where Luis and Maria make new toasters and other things that people can buy. The Mail It Shop just seemed like such a bizarre change. Then again, I have to confess that I've never seen a single episode with the Mail It Shop so I don't know exactly how it's being done these days.

Censored

Reaction score
Heh...I wonder if it's only a matter of time before Hooper's Store becomes a McDonald's.

Frazzle

Reaction score
GeeBee said:
Heh...I wonder if it's only a matter of time before Hooper's Store becomes a McDonald's.
LOL! That was cute! I think they are making too many drastic changes. In a decade, it just won't be the same show at all anymore. Take note of the doors with the shapes in the windows over by Oscar's can & Big Bird's nest. Pretty soon they will take down the Furry Arms & build low income housing & a train station!

Frazzle

Reaction score
Note that there is no real grocery store on Sesame Street either. What next? Cookie Monster opens a produce stand & skits will turn twards healthy eating?:smirk:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
GeeBee said:
As a matter of fact, one of my local radio stations did a review for the season 33 priemere before it came on and it said "A fire at Alan's Cafe" So that got my mom and me wondering if they changed it from Hooper's Store to Alan's Cafe. But I too was shocked about changing the Fix-It Shop, it's like if someone were to get rid of Big Bird and replace him with another big muppet. Another thing that shocked me was repainting the 123 Brownstone with red doors. But it is true, Fix-It Shops are so past.

ssetta

Reaction score
Maybe the radio people just don't know Sesame Street that well. Also, nobody knows who Hooper is anymore! But I was very upset about the Mail-it Shop, and the painting of the doors.